No announcement yet.

Lemieux Vs Canelo @ 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemieux Vs Canelo @ 155

Or even at 160 as a 'tuneup' for Canelo.

I think Lemieux would be a handful for Canelo and this is the kind of fight boxing needs: a close call and two entertaining fighters.

Lemiuex is a very good fighter - it's just that GGG is so so far ahead of the others that DL looked bad.

I like this match, and then bring on triple G Vs Canelo.

Lemieux is a hard puncher in his own right...Alvarez is more skilled...hr SQUEEKS a decision, but he could lose to Lemieux and I wouldn't consider it an upset...Monroe Jr would have Alvarez hell as well.
    Last edited by Science; 05-10-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

There's no way Lemieux makes 155. He struggles bigtime to make 160.

Comment

Lemieux failed to make weight for a catchweight fight at 163lbs a couple of months ago, by over 2lbs. He's not making 154-155.

He's a good puncher, but not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
          yes he has massive legs...hes a 168er

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
            yes he has massive legs...hes a 168er
            I think Canelo has the same legs...

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
              Perfect. Get him in there with Canelo at 160 - they can both come in at 170 + fight night.

What do you think of that matchup though? I`m not asking about the practicality of whether it can be made - just about the outcome. It`s no gimme for either man.

Comment

Lemieux came in at 175 for Golovkin fight and failed to make weight last time. He can make 155 if given enough time, but he'll be an absolute zombie.

I do think it's a good fight though. Interesting match up of styles.

Comment

Canelo TKO by counter pokes. Lemieux goes in to brawl, but not too bright with defensive maneuvers

Comment

Would love to see it at 160 and no less.
                    Canelo is clearly the better, more complete overall fighter but I think his style & willingness to trade could make it a very interesting spectacle.
                    Anybody that wants to try & trade left hooks with LeMule is playing with fire & giving him all the opportunity he needs.

Strangely I'd personally rather see this fight more than I would GGG vs Canelo. I think its a more even fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X