• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ether View Post
    RE2>RE4>RE1>RE3>RE5>RE: Cv
    REmake>RE2>Code Veronica>RE4>RE1>RE3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE5

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE0

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Capcom is the king of just sitting on and milking their old franchises, I'd prefer to see something new out of them. And this is from a fighting game fan.
      Well, they HAVE been coming out with new hits over the last 10 years. When I think of series that aren't even 10 years old yet from Capcom, I think of Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Dead Rising...etc.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Unless it's Mega Man. Then they don't even bother making games when the creator of the franchise has a good idea.
      When Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 came out, it was because the creator of the series came back (Keiji Inafune). And perhaps it is because of that that these games are more treasured than the other half-assed spin-off series like Mega Man Battle Network and such.

A missing key figure in the development of a game...that would explain why the last time I got truly excited for a Final Fantasy game was when I played Final Fantasy X-2...and a lot of people would take that storyline with a grain of salt. Good way to kill time, but embarrassingly bad. The kind of game that even back then I couldn't play in front of my parents. Fun gameplay, cringingly bad dialogue and scenes. RE6 should be good with the RE4 producers coming back.

Yes. Worst. Reward. Ever. A f***ing piece of tofu.
      I beat that Tofu mini-game when I was in sixth grade. I played the HELL outta' RE2. 'Til this day, I remember playing it and not being scared by it AT ALL because I knew how many enemies and such were in each room. That game was a gem. It feels a TAD outdated today but back then RE2 was a GORGEOUS and scary game. Tofu...LOL...he had A LOT of health and would gradually turn more and more red when he took damage.

Originally posted by Ether View Post
      RE2>RE4>RE1>RE3>RE5>RE: Cv
      RE2>RE4>REmake>RE1>RE3>RE5>RE:CV

Looks like we're about the same...I'd place REmake over the original, though. It was just insanely good even for veterans. You'd play REmake all confident thinking it would be like the original then bam! you'd realize items had been switched, rooms had been added, and enemies were no longer familiar. Even today, I consider REmake a game with awesome graphics. The environments are photo-realistic even by today's standards...which is why if they ever decide to make REmake 2...I'll jizz my pants.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said, Ether!
      Last edited by TintaBoricua; 01-21-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

REmake>RE2>Code Veronica>RE4>RE1>RE3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE5

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE0
        you are correct in that my man. the very few who rate that game and realise it is a great

Comment

RE4>RE1/REmake>RE5>RE3/2

Resident Evil 2 has the worst unlockables for any Resident Evil game. It's the easiest Resident Evil game I have played. 1 hour you're in a police department/sewer, the next hour and a half you're on your way to beating the whole thing in warehouse/lab. Infinite RL, infinite Sub-machinegun, infinite Gatling gun? just LOL. I find no replay value in RE2 whatsoever.

In Resident Evil 4, you get all your guns to carry to your next new game under the difficulty you got those weapons in, you can save money to buy the Chicago Typewriter. Imagine how cool it would be to start an RE2 game with your previous weapons like the customized shotgun and the custom magnum? In RE1, you get the god damn infinite Magnum to blow zombies heads off from the start=replay value. Even the so called weakest of the bunch, RE5, has a LOT of reason to keep replaying it 100 times.

I had a lot more fun playing RE3 than 2. I don't know, i'm definitely in the minority, but I think RE2 is overrated when it comes to comparing to the other RE titles. RE2 is a great game though, not the best of the RE games. Also, RE2 was not scary.

Comment

Predicting this.

Leon's scenario will have it's horror RE4 feel, while Chris's scenario will have it's RE5 Action/Gears feel. New character's scenario will combine both of these, and also be the one you fight the nemesis with. This way it appeals to both since RE5 still is the best selling RE.

Comment

Comment

What is it that the last guy says, I forgot and don't have my headphones here.

"First things first, 200k up front, 200k afterward...and the B.O.W.'s, those are bonuses"???

Lol i'm clearly paraphrasing but I thought that part was funny, it made him basically like the cocky/confident smart-mouth guy of the game. Chris is the straight up serious dude with no sense of humor and never tells a joke, and Leon is like a combo of serious/corny/sensitive towards girls. I remember in RE2 he is described as "Having a soft spot for girls".

Comment

We all know Chris Redfield is the baddest badass of all of the Resident Evil badasses though. Leon comes second though, he's cool. Then my babe Jill Valentine.

Chris is serious as hell, he does not play any games.

Comment

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get a Resident Evil 6 Demo
                    Plus release date and pre-order incentives revealed.

Capcom has announced the release date for Dragon's Dogma. The game will be headed to stores in North America on May 22nd and in Europe on May 25th.

Customers who purchase the game will also receive early access to a playable demo of Resident Evil 6 over four months ahead of its November 20th release date.

According to Capcom, "Purchasers of the Xbox 360 version of Dragon's Dogma will be able to redeem a token and download the Resident Evil 6 demo globally on the Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360 sixty days earlier than any other platform starting on July 3rd. The demo for owners of the PlayStation 3 system version of Dragon's Dogma will go live on the PlayStation Store on September 4th in North America and Japan and September 5th in Europe."

ign

Comment

However, I'm excited about the return about Inafune. Resident Evil 2 just takes me back to jr. high when playing video games after school meant everything to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X