Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Do you WORK FOR THE IBF?

You must have some stake in things to care about such non-issues.

To win a title on an injury is lame and ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed.

I'll never agree with you on this. So whatever the IBF is paying you, you either give me some of that pay and I may do it or else drop this nonsense.
    It's not an IBF rule. It's a unified rule. Glazkov quit. There is nothing in the rules to protect someone from a loss due to an injury unless it was from a foul.

I don't care if you agree with me. I'm telling you indisputable facts. If you disagreed about the sky being blue or grass being green, I couldn't possibly care less.

I'm telling you the rules of boxing. If you don't know anything about boxing, that's not my problem.

Comment

It was a farce the moment he won the vacate belt with his win over Glazzy up the point where he quit against Joshua. I would've had so much more respect for this guy had he got up to beat the count and then took his lumps. Charles Martin made a mockery of the sport with his quit attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        His reign lasted less than three months which may be the shortest heavyweight reign in history.

Also, the way he "Won" the title on an injury was ridiculous. That should have been called a no-contest, but what can you do?

On top of all of that, the IBF stripping Fury in the first place was un-called for.

Overall, this has to be the most ridiculous reign in the history of the heavyweight division and possibly the sport.
        Yes. It's got to be the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          I think his entrance and all his talk pre-fight made it worse. Coming out in that royal crown and then royally bottling it and freezing under pressure. The way he was sitting on his arse on the canvas smiling after getting KD, then immediately throwing the same weak right and getting countered again.

I found the whole thing funny and surreal. I don't think I've ever seen a worse or more embarrassing performance from a HW champ? If any one can think of a champion that made more of an arse of himself I'm all ears/eyes....

Watch Mccall against Lewis, guy was crying in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            Watch Mccall against Lewis, guy was crying in the ring.
            Damn, I forgot about that fight. Guy had a breakdown and was DQ'd for walking about and taking the piss lol Still, he didn't come into the ring like royalty, say he was a god and then put on one of the worst defences of a HW title

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Martin just made around $8 million because one of his opponents pulled a muscle.

You just can't make that **** up...
              martin is an idiot who will throw all the money away and go broke fast.martin is for sure the worst paper champion in history.watching him laugh while being knocked on his ass was priceless.

Comment

Martin has a chance to go down as the worst. I guess it depends on what he does now.

Comment

Did it even start? Charles Martin fought like a ******.Totally let himself down.

Comment

Working...
                  X