No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
    Well, Rhonda didn't have much of a choice. Judo requires one to close the gap and fight inside. Holm did everything possible to keep her distance, move laterally, and force Rhonda to give chase. Rhonda couldn't grapple, throw, and toss Holm if she can't get to her. It isn't that easy.

It was a perfect strategy.

Rhonda is every bit as skilled, but styles make fights. Holm had the right style (moving boxer), and a great strategy.

No two fights ever go the same. I think Holm could win again, but it would be a much more defensive fight, probably to a decision in 5.
    Pffft excuses (imo).

There was a few times holm was right in front of her.

All she had to do was shoot a td off of holm's jab.

Rousey imo doesn't have those tools because her trainers never showed her anything new.

On top of that she gassed halfway into the 1st.

I'm sorry but mma fighters have terrible gas tanks.

Only a few, lidell, hughes, fedor, machida, gsp etc had great stamina

Comment

• I mean damn son. in boxing usually after you get koed, youre opponent doesn't usually jump on your and continue to beat you, which is what happened to Ronda. That was a seriously brutal ko. I wonder if Ronda is done.

Comment

• Got through 5 pages of Mayweather fans acting like he beat her last night and had to tap out..

Rousey is an idiot, she tried to outbox Holm and not take her down once...I'll bet she wins in the rematch by submission and then they'll fight a 3rd time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post

Troy Dorsy
          Yup thats him.

Imagine if dude started boxing early instead of karate lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Yup thats him.

Imagine if dude started boxing early instead of karate lol
            Exactly, to hold titles in two different combat sports is no small feat.....

Comment

• Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post

Rhonda thought she had them hands..
              I laugh everytime I see it.

Even tho shes in the ufc, this shows that she doesn't know how to throw basic punches (from a martial arts pov)

Ya see how when she twist her fist towards the end of the punches?

Her thumbs are facing down lol

Even some judokas ik were laughing at that. Torque is all wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Exactly, to hold titles in two different combat sports is no small feat.....
                Yessir!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Got through 5 pages of Mayweather fans acting like he beat her last night and had to tap out..

Rousey is an idiot, she tried to outbox Holm and not take her down once...I'll bet she wins in the rematch by submission and then they'll fight a 3rd time...
                  ... I've also noticed that all the posters on BS who said that they don't watch MMA at all and they know nothing about this sport look quite proficient on this very thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Got through 5 pages of Mayweather fans acting like he beat her last night and had to tap out..

Oh you're so wrong. Did you not watch the fight?

Ronda tried to clinch and takedown so many times, but Holly was circling expertly, using oblique kicks, sticking out her left and even using her elbow to keep Ronda off. That's exactly how you keep someone from taking you down.

The few times fighters have done what Holly did, circle and use their left to keep Ronda off, Ronda has looked a bit clueless. I can't remember her name, but only one fighter had a similar gameplan. And when you keep attempting takedowns and failing, it uses a lot of energy too.

Holly will destroy Ronda in a similar fashion.

Comment

• F#ck are we only the one happy??? lmao Boxing is not easy and she got what she deserved hahaahhahahaha Thanks Holm

Comment

Working...
                      X