Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get my chess game up. Need a sparring partner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
    I must of lost a couple hundred times in a wow against this computer. In my defense, I play at about 2500 since I can guarantee the computer is making all the right moves. Not frustrated but I think I went as far as I can using this 2500 computer as a method of learning. Don't wanna read books but I guess I have to.
    Yes, bite the bullet and get a book of openings.... A good general one is Chess Openings: Theory and Practice by I. A. Horowitz...

This book will illustrate the openings with many variations, many of which were played between Grandmasters and the theories behind the moves they made and traps that can be set...
    That should get you through the later stages of the middle game... But you would have caught most human opponents by then....

When you find the openings you like, Force the computer to play the first 8 or 9+ moves in your opening of choice.... Then play things out... That's how you get experience in whatever opening you favor..... Fun stuff !!!

If you've got a 2,500, that's borderline Grandmaster.... That's a cold blooded piece of Machinery you've got there, HaHa ....

Fortunately there are many levels in a computer like that.... If you are tired of losing than play the 5 to 10 second maximum time to move games... Those are pre-programmed with less thought levels.... But the end games will still be challenging with much less variables for the computer to consider...

Quick and fun games at 15 to 30 seconds limit to move are fun.... You can do the 1 or 2 minute per move levels and get a quality game in..... The 1 hour or hour and a half total time games and hit the clock, those are tougher....

You can play the no limit game a feel the full force of that 2,500 rating, that might take half the day to play...

Knock em dead !!!
    Last edited by MindGame; 05-09-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
      Yes, bite the bullet and get a book of openings.... A good general one is Chess Openings: Theory and Practice by I. A. Horowitz...

This book will illustrate the openings with many variations, many of which were played between Grandmasters and the theories behind the moves they made and traps that can be set...
      That should get you through the later stages of the middle game... But you would have caught most human opponents by then....

When you find the openings you like, Force the computer to play the first 8 or 9+ moves in your opening of choice.... Then play things out... That's how you get experience in whatever opening you favor..... Fun stuff !!!

If you've got a 2,500, that's borderline Grandmaster.... That's a cold blooded piece of Machinery you've got there, HaHa ....

Fortunately there are many levels in a computer like that.... You can do the 1 or 2 minute per move levels and get a quality game in..... The 1 hour or hour and a half total time games and hit the clock, those are tougher....

You can play the no limit game a feel the full force of that 2,500 rating, that might take half the day to play...

Knock em dead !!!
      2500 ELO rating?

That's grand master level

Comment

My grandpa taught me how to live off the land his taught him to be a businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post

Fortunately there are many levels in a computer like that.... If you are tired of losing than play the 5 to 10 second maximum time to move games... Those are pre-programmed with less thought levels.... But the end games will still be challenging with much less variables for the computer to consider...

Quick and fun games at 15 to 30 seconds limit to move are fun.... You can do the 1 or 2 minute per move levels and get a quality game in..... The 1 hour or hour and a half total time games and hit the clock, those are tougher....

Knock em dead !!!
          machinery? Nah man I'm playing the "machine" over at lichess.org. I guess its some high powered chess engine uploaded to the site. 2500 or level 8 is the highest it can go.

Comment

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
            machinery? Nah man I'm playing the "machine" over at lichess.org. I guess its some high powered chess engine uploaded to the site. 2500 or level 8 is the highest it can go.
            lets play. don't take it easy on me like last time. just take my queen.

give me a link

Comment

Working...
            X