Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate to break it to you but Danny Garcia was just never that good. Ordinary.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    Only on NSB can a guy win a fight, outland his opponent who by the way, came in at 165lbs with some TRT courage/stamina, only on NSB can these facts be spun into a loss for the winner. Proof that when you have a burning NEED to see a fighter lose, you can make it happen in that mind.

"But, so what about the compubox stats doe, and the first 6 rounds in which he ran, Peterson looked really cool when he did that bolo thing and it made me believe he was winning doe."

War Garcia. Danny and Angel are not yet done giving you fits and getting the win in the process. Buckle up kids, it's only the beginning.
    peterson has always had great conditioning to his defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Peterson had been dropped by every top level opponent he had faced, and Danny couldn't even hurt him. Algieri would make him look silly.
      At the point of the Ortiz fight, Ortiz had knocked down every single opponent he had faced, including in his lone loss to Maidana where he kd'ed him 3 times iirc.

At the point of the Matthysse fight, Matthysse had either knocked down or ko'ed all but like 1 or 2 opponents out of 35.

The Khan kd was a punch followed by a shove, which Khan did a lot of in that fight.

The Bradley kd was fair, he was just not ready for Bradley at the time.

That's 7 kd's in 32 fights, and the kds spanned 10 fights. No where near as bad as 8 knock downs in 2 straight fights.

Comment

I still don't think he is ordinary now, his body of work is still very good, and he will have some big performances in the future, he will also have nights like against Peterson. He is a hard man to beat though regardless, and I liken him a little bit to Ricky Hatton, not in boxing style, but in the sense that when he stepped up to world level, there were some great performances, but more often than not it was hard going.

Danny is similar in the sense that at world level his style is such that he will be in competitive and physical fights, he will rarely glide through very good fighters, but like Hatton he probably outperforms his ability. Both guys have a winning mentality and serious determination. That will get you far, how far? Well with Hatton it got him to the pinnacle of the sport before he faltered. Time will tell with Danny. I would think if he keeps stepping up the competition, his first loss isn't too far away, but I would get used to him, even after he loses he will be a factor in boxing for a long time. He is much more than a one trick pony and is still getting better, he is unpredictable with his punching and doesn't have a tell when he throws which is probably why he has a lot of success landing wide punches. I agree with the people that to reach a higher level he probably needs to change trainers, go with someone who will teach him to fight moving forward and lead off as well as counter. Roach and Robert Garcia are good trainers for him.

Comment

The problem with threads like these are that they are giving Peterson no credit for being a pretty good fighter. Lucas Matthysse is the only person who ever wrecked Peterson. No one besides him and Bradley have clearly beaten Peterson, and Bradley had his problems as well.

Instead of making this about how average Garcia is, give Peterson his long overdue credit.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that Danny is limited. He's been scraping by through the skin of his teeth. No one is calling him a world beater. At least not from what I see.
            Exactly. No one makes it this far being lucky. He's a good fighter, but limited and I think most understand this.

Also, I scored the fight for him against Peterson for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              He's a very limited fighter that has gotten the maximum out of the talent he has. He now has a clear loss to Herrera where he was thoroughly outboxed, and a closer, but clear enough, loss to Lamont Peterson, where he got knocked around like Adonis Stevenson's hoe

His wins over Khan and Matthysse are very good wins, and his resume is better than the vast majority of Haymon fighters, but he's been found out. Any good boxer mover beats him (in actual terms, in a non-robbery vacuum lol).

The past 12 months has been Garcia getting exposed. He truly is Danny "Gift" Garcia"

How would he do vs Herrera and Peterson again? 2 more losses probably. Algeiri? Khan again? All 100% losses I think. Pac and Floyd wipe the floor with him.
              I don't consider the words of anyone whose screen name is Pac=Duran to be credible. However, I agree that Danny Garcia is no great talent. He has performed well in some fights, but mediocre in others. The Herrera and Peterson fights were extremely close and not examples of him being an ordinary talent. Both of those guys among the top 5 at 140 pounds and there was no way he was going to blow out either one of them. I had Garcia beating Peterson by two points and beating Herrera by one point, but both fights could have gone either way.

He would never beat Mayweather or Pacquaio, but I think he would be even money against any other fighter in the 140-47 pound area because once you get past Mayweather and Pacquaio, all the top 140-47 pound fighters have about the same level of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                At the point of the Ortiz fight, Ortiz had knocked down every single opponent he had faced, including in his lone loss to Maidana where he kd'ed him 3 times iirc.

At the point of the Matthysse fight, Matthysse had either knocked down or ko'ed all but like 1 or 2 opponents out of 35.

The Khan kd was a punch followed by a shove, which Khan did a lot of in that fight.

The Bradley kd was fair, he was just not ready for Bradley at the time.

That's 7 kd's in 32 fights, and the kds spanned 10 fights. No where near as bad as 8 knock downs in 2 straight fights.
                Yea but styles make fights. Of course Lamont would beat Algieri. But with how slow and ineffective Lamont was able to make Garcia, I think Algieri could pull it off considering that is what he does best.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunslinger View Post
                  Exactly. No one makes it this far being lucky. He's a good fighter, but limited and I think most understand this.

Also, I scored the fight for him against Peterson for what it's worth.
                  A limited fighter can achieve a great amount of success, depending on their limitations and how well they use them. Felix Trinidad was a limited fighter. However, his strength and power were enough for him to achieve a great amount of success and win belts in three weight classes against some quality champions.

I am not saying Garcia is at the same level as Trinidad. However, he is good enough to defeat some of the top guys at 147 and win a championship even with his limitations.

Comment

Working...
                  X