Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet trolls drive former model and TV personality Charlotte Dawson to suicide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet trolls drive former model and TV personality Charlotte Dawson to suicide

Good Morning Australia TV personality Charlotte Dawson has committed suicide after being harassed by internet trolls.

Celebrities and friends pay tribute to Charlotte Dawson, dead at 47

The New Zealand-born Dawson was pushed to edge of suicide when a barrage of personal tweets and attacks were aimed at her, taunting her to kill herself.

Dawson stayed up until 2.07 AM, defending herself against her trolls who "kept going, and going and going".

Dawson sent out her final tweet for the night, writing "you win x" along with a picture of her hand holding tablets, adding "Hope this ends the misery".

"When you work in a public environment like the media, you do have to have a thick skin," Dawson said.

"And no matter what you do, people are still going to hate you just because they think you're ugly or because they don't like the sound of your voice."
    Last edited by The Hammer; 02-22-2014, 10:05 AM.

Those quotes are from 2012 when she attempted suicide and lived to talk about it:

Comment

WTF!!!

I don't even pay attention to my wife's *****ing and bickering whenever she does it.

Taking internet trolls seriously , enough to push you to commit suicide??? I mean she had already attempted it but still.

This is disturbing........

Comment

If you're going to kill yourself just go and do it ****ing quietly. No need to make a song and dance about it. I don't care what anyone says, killing yourself is such a ridiculously selfish thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          If you're going to kill yourself just go and do it ****ing quietly. No need to make a song and dance about it. I don't care what anyone says, killing yourself is such a ridiculously selfish thing to do.
          Damn, that's harsh man. The woman is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
            She may have suffered from depression to begin with, but the internet trolls pushed her over the edge.

We should be careful with our words, we never know how fragile another person's self-esteem might be.
            Some people really must feel like shit after these news.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Some people really must feel like shit after these news.
              nah they don't give a fuk, they're happy about it if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Damn, that's harsh man. The woman is dead.
                Yeah she is. And most likely her family are in a living hell.

Comment

I'm sorry, I have to believe there was something seriously wrong with her if she stayed up all night arguing with internet trolls, let alone killed herself because of them.

Comment

This just in,boxingscene damsel in distress rockin finally had enough of Anorak and Marc Adkins and pushed the nos buttons on his motorised wheelchair on the same stretch of road Paul walker took his own life..people have been selling parts of the wheelchair wreck on ebay with one man selling a wheel for an impressive 50 cents

Comment

Working...
                    X