Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Only Focused on Return, Not Vargas Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valcarcel? That crook only interested in the $$ in his pocket...I hope JMM takes his bout in MX & retires...

Comment

JMM vs Manny 5, then they can both retire forever!!!

Comment

JMM would get whipped!!

Comment

Roided up and ready for the summer. Other than the landing the fortunate, and well timed, shot against Pac there isn't much about his career that's memorable. Great defensive fighter, and very tough opponent. Whines about losses when he let's his foot of the offensive gas peddle when it matters most. He'd rather complain about the close fight than take a risk and lose.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
            Roided up and ready for the summer. Other than the landing the fortunate, and well timed, shot against Pac there isn't much about his career that's memorable. Great defensive fighter, and very tough opponent. Whines about losses when he let's his foot of the offensive gas peddle when it matters most. He'd rather complain about the close fight than take a risk and lose.
            Completely disagree. He had some great fights. While he only won the last Pacquiao fight you could make a case for him winning all but the first. He had some fun fights with Diaz and Katsidis as well. Yeah he complained but he was a fun fighter.

Comment

Shouldn't this be a good comeback fight especially for a title .. Vargas is not in the same class u ****en idiot ..

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                Completely disagree. He had some great fights. While he only won the last Pacquiao fight you could make a case for him winning all but the first. He had some fun fights with Diaz and Katsidis as well. Yeah he complained but he was a fun fighter.
                Absolutely a fun fighter. I enjoyed watching his fights. All of his fights were worth watching. The man was great boxer and counter puncher.
                Katsidiz and Diaz fights were fun to watch, lots of excitement. He was clearly the better fighter than both of them. Neither fighter had hall of fame careers, they were simply good pros who were top 10 fighters for a brief period.

Katsidiz and Diaz were limited fighters who stood right in front of you. Niether one had power to be wary of so they were perfect opponents for Marquez. It was surprising that Katsidiz actually had Juan a little buzzed in that fight.

Marquez lost to Chris John.
                Marquez was out boxed by Tim Bradley.
                Marquez did not win one minute of the fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Other that the fortunate, well timed hail mary, I can't think of anything else in his career that was memorable. Even though I say this that doesn't mean he wasn't a great boxer and counter puncher. So was Estaban Dejesus, so was Wilfredo Benitez, or Jose Luis Ramirez.

Comment

It may just be the way things work, but it kind of looks like Bob Arum is trying to make sure Cotto ends up without good opponents. Almost every single time a decent name is mentioned as a possible Cotto rival, Arum comes out and says he wants that guy for his fighter. Obviously, Arum is the exclusive promoter and/or has connections to many of those fighters, but I get the feeling there's more to it than that. Top Rank has no relationship with Cotto, but there's almost a vibe to all this. Kind of a too much of a coincidence type of deal. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the Roc Nation deal meant that Cotto now isn't on the good side of his former promoter, but it just seems like an immature tactic.

Comment

you need to find another hobby, boxing aint your thing

Comment

Absolutely a fun fighter. I enjoyed watching his fights. All of his fights were worth watching. The man was great boxer and counter puncher.
                      Katsidiz and Diaz fights were fun to watch, lots of excitement. He was clearly the better fighter than both of them. Neither fighter had hall of fame careers, they were simply good pros who were top 10 fighters for a brief period.

Katsidiz and Diaz were limited fighters who stood right in front of you. Niether one had power to be wary of so they were perfect opponents for Marquez. It was surprising that Katsidiz actually had Juan a little buzzed in that fight.

Marquez lost to Chris John.
                      Marquez was out boxed by Tim Bradley.
                      Marquez did not win one minute of the fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Other that the fortunate, well timed hail mary, I can't think of anything else in his career that was memorable. Even though I say this that doesn't mean he wasn't a great boxer and counter puncher. So was Estaban Dejesus, so was Wilfredo Benitez, or Jose Luis Ramirez.
                      The knockout of Pacquaio will be the most memorable point of Maruqez's career. It will also be the most memorable part of Pacquaio's career.

Comment

Working...
                      X