Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first fight you went to see?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juan Diaz vs Katsidis, decent fight was my first

Juan Diaz vs Juan Manuel Marquez best event that ive been too

Danny Garcia vs Erik Morales also decent event
    Donaire vs Travieso Arce went to the weigh ins day before it was cool also, met Julio Cesar Chavez sr, Barrera, Juan Diaz, Harold Letterman, Bob Arum lol lots people

Comment

Duran vs Leonard

1980-06-20... I was 18 at the time ... Not a big Boxing fan yet, but a friend of mine got tickets...

"Duran would earn $1.5 million, by far his biggest payday ever, while Leonard stood to make between $7.5 million and $10 million, more money than any man had ever collected for a fight."

- BoxRec

Comment

Khan vs Peterson.... the crowd was rowdy being it was in Lamont's hometown of dc and the fans from the UK showing up for khan made it an very fun atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Morales vs pacquiao 1
          I was there!!! The undercard wasn't bad either (Arce vs Husein).

Comment

Originally posted by atom-ictortilla View Post
            Im curious did you think there was much of a difference between a Showtime fight and a PBC one? I'm just excited for the match up overall but i thought I'd ask.
            They are very similar. Thee only difference I noticed was pbc seems cleaner cut with the music and lack of ring girls ect. Both are great shows

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
              Good ****! a great first fight to attend live!

I was 15 for my first fight. Fernando Vargas vs. Shibata Flores in September 2001 - just after 9/11. My dad was a big Vargas fan back in the day and wanted to take me to see him fight - plus it was an excuse for him to go to Vegas!

Since then I've been to:
              Pac - Morales III - crazy atmosphere!
              Ward - Miranda
              Ward- Kesslar
              Ward - Green
              Ward - Dawson
              Ward - Smith
              I'm from the Bay Area if it's not obvious!

Had tickets for Berto v. Ortiz II and Maidana v. Guerrero but both were cancelled b/c of injury.

Went to the Hopkins - Wright weigh in but didn't go to the fight. Was just in Vegas that weekend and made my GF go to weigh ins with me...she's now my wife
              What a night! Had a good time, too. This was my first live fight. I'm thinking of going for the Canelo vs. Cotto fight. 50/50 right now, still debating.

Comment

Bruno-MCall.

Comment

Working...
                X