Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER vs. MARTINEZ vs. ALVAREZ: Let's Discuss Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah people need to stop with that small middleweight bullshit. He's a full fledged middleweight, and he's a good 8-10 lbs bigger than Canelo who himself is bigger than Floyd.

The size difference between Floyd and Martinez is about the same as the one between Martinez and Ward.

Comment

He might be a short middleweight but body, power, strength, weight wise hes not a little middleweight. Hes a full fledged middle.

People are acting like hes a blown up JMW...lol.

Blown up JMW's dont weigh 16 pounds above their weight class 30 days before a fight people.

Nice try.
      Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-19-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hes a fair sized middleweight with a lot of lean mass and hes now 37 & would be 38 come fight time, I don't think for one minute he can still make 154 and not be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          I keep seeing people say that Sergio is "a small middleweight". Let's examine his size.

On August 14th, at the WBC 30-day weigh-in, Sergio Martinez was 174 pounds.

That is an in-shape and training Sergio. 174 pounds.

Just for grins, Mayweather's 30-day weight for the Ortiz fight was 149 pounds. Ortiz was 157.4. Floyd weighed in at 151 for Cotto (after drinking a quart of Gatorade. Vid below, see @7:28)

At the 7-day weigh-in for Chavez-Martinez, when Sergio was cutting to make weight, he was 167 pounds.

At this point, Maravilla is no longer really a 154-pounder. And, in truth, not a particularly small middleweight. (For comparison, Saul Alvarez' 30-day weight for Knockout Kingz was 167 pounds)

Now, I have no problem with Money May vs Maravilla Martinez at 154. In fact, that's a fight I'd really like to see. But Sergio Martinez is fully 2-3 weight divisions bigger than Floyd and Manny at this point. Sergio is MUCH closer in size to Andre Ward than to May & Pac.

Somehow, eatin steak dinnas and cuttin weight don't fit togetha.

Comment

Dawson comes down 8 pounds after 6 years: Full credit to ward, not drained

Same posters on possibility of Sergio coming down 6 pounds after 3 years against Floyd: He'll def be drained

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Exaggerate much? 2-3 division above him?

All that matters is the weight they weigh in at. Its pretty simple.

Stop making excuses for Floyd
              14 pounds is how many weight divisions?

Are you really this daft? What part of "I want to see the fight at 154" was confusing to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Dawson comes down 8 pounds after 6 years: Full credit to ward, not drained

Same posters on possibility of Sergio coming down 6 pounds after 3 years against Floyd: He'll def be drained

I was one of the ones who felt Chad was drained, and posted that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
                  Somehow, eatin steak dinnas and cuttin weight don't fit togetha.
                  You're a funny poster, you always stay in character.

Comment

14 pounds is how many weight divisions?

Are you really this daft? What part of "I want to see the fight at 154" was confusing to you?
                    Floyd is at 154, martinez is at 160

Thats 1 division

Comment

I was one of the ones who felt Chad was drained, and posted that.
                      That reply wasnt aimed towards you

Comment

Working...
                      X