Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruno would have reigned like the Wlad has.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno would have reigned like the Wlad has.

Have been watching a few Frank Bruno fights and i think had he come along at the same time the Kilts did and the Klits hadn't been around he would have dominated HW boxing like they have.

Bruno was a monster, but he had a robotic style and a suspect chin, but he was leading Lewis, Smith and Witherspoon before he got knocked out and was the 1st guy to hurt Tyson.

Now Wlad has been KOed by some ordinary guys, none in the class of the guys that beat Bruno and Wlad has beaten alot of average guys. If anything i think Bruno was a better fighter than Vlad and just had the bad luck of fighting in the wrong era.

I agree but Vitali would batter him though.

Comment

Wlad would knock Bruno out in 4 rounds or less. Chris Byrd>Frank Bruno

Comment

But at least he would KO Haye cold, I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Wlad would knock Bruno out in 4 rounds or less. Chris Byrd>Frank Bruno
          Wlad may knock Bruno out but i would pick Bruno over Byrd or anyone Wlad has beat.
          I dont see Wlad knocking Bruno out in under 4 rounds. Bruno had a very good jab and big power, Wlad would not risk trading with Bruno and it would be a battle of the jabs (Bruno vs Lewis) and who ever gassed out first would win.

Comment

Bruno sure was underrated, really good fighter but had some bad weaknesses too

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              Bruno sure was underrated, really good fighter but had some bad weaknesses too
              Yeah i think he was, his chin wasnt so bad he took some good punches from Witherspoon and got hit by some big punches from Tyson he just used to freeze at times and didnt know what to do when hurt.
              His biggest weakness was his stamina, he was also unlucky that his first title defence was against Tyson.

Comment

Bruno never accomplished jack shit in his career.

Prime For Prime...Either Klitschko demolishes Bruno.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2011 View Post
                  Bruno never accomplished jack shit in his career.

Prime For Prime...Either Klitschko demolishes Bruno.
                  He won the WBC heavyweight title by beating McCall performed well against Lewis, Witherspoon and Tyson (at least in the first fight). Bruno can be proud of what he achieved imo. If winning a title in a competitive era is achieving jack **** then almost everyone in the history of boxing has achieved jack ****. Like wise Wlad and Vitali can be proud of what they have achieved its not there fault that it’s a weak heavyweight era.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                    Yeah i think he was, his chin wasnt so bad he took some good punches from Witherspoon and got hit by some big punches from Tyson he just used to freeze at times and didnt know what to do when hurt.
                    His biggest weakness was his stamina, he was also unlucky that his first title defence was against Tyson.
                    Absolutely this. Bruno didn't have the mental strength required for the game really, in a way he was similar to Audley, having all the tools but freezing up when the fear and pressure of the situation took over.
                    His weakness and failures made him human though and thats part of the reason why people loved him.
                    Why is his chin being questioned though? Hell, the man was nearly always stopped on his feet from punch accumulation because he just didn't know when or how to clinch.

He'd have been invincible if he had killer instinct, the man was a specimen (no ****).

Comment

Working...
                    X