No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Scully Discusses The Split With Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    So what if Ward wants none of a catchweight? He got called out and his opponent concede that he would drain himself and come down to 168, whose fault is that?
    Well as long as Ward's cool with people saying it's a devalued win, because that's what most are/were saying (not myself but most on here)

Ward fights Dawson at 175 - maximum credit, beating a fighter at his best
    Ward fights Dawson at 170 - fair credit for meeting him halfway and beating him
    Ward fights Dawson at 168 - minimum credit, beating a weight-drained fighter

Comment

It's sad to see that the relationship between Scully and Dawson seems to have deteriorated. Especially with Dawson not answering his texts.

But the fact of the matter is that Dawson called Ward out at 168. And he got what he wanted.

It was Ward's championship that was on the line that night and it was Andre who had everything to lose. Chad played it somewhat smart in that even if he lost he would still have the 175 pound world championship to go back to.

Had Ward lost he would have nothing.

Comment

Chad Dawson = child

Comment

Do you know what happens when a fighter takes a bunch of tune up fights against senior citizens and than fights a true elite in his prime fighter? You lose and look bad in the process of doing so.

Comment

I agree with everything Scully said 100%. Not like we haven t all been saying it anyways, but Im glad he isnt just putting up with the nonsense. Like he said, 10 trainer changes in how many years? At some point you have to point the finger at yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Well as long as Ward's cool with people saying it's a devalued win, because that's what most are/were saying (not myself but most on here)

Ward fights Dawson at 175 - maximum credit, beating a fighter at his best
              Ward fights Dawson at 170 - fair credit for meeting him halfway and beating him
              Ward fights Dawson at 168 - minimum credit, beating a weight-drained fighter
              Am sure he doesn't give a toss what any fans think, I myself devalue the win before the fight was even signed for at 168, just check my post history, I refuse to watch or even download the fight because I knew Dawson would be drained, not by Ward but by himself but I know people would accuse Ward of ducking even if he said no at 168 so meh..

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                Princess Leia loves me sooo much! LOLOL...That guy is a big time ME hater...Im used to it, though...listen, all u other sane persons...a writer asked me questions and I answered, period...IT definitely is what it is in this case...Chad and I always had a good relationship I thought...things change...I know I did well for him and his private messages to me confirm he 1000 pct. believed this as well. I do NOT want to get into a back and forth nonsensical battle with him or anyone but I felt attacked and with what was said it is only fair, right and normal that I respond in defense of myself. EVERY WORD I SPOKE IS 1000 PERCENT TRUTH. As a boxer I understand Chad was in a tough spot, no matter what he had to make it and he was under pressure to make the weight so he did so...and it RUINED HIM. Im not going to lie for anyone, especially when I told them ahead of time it was headed that way...Someone who thinks I could put a stop to a fight like that has no idea how professional boxing works...they were going to fight with or without me...We were BOTH in a tough spot, forced to rely on the expertise of someone who ended up being very wrong. I did the best I could on fight night but, listen, any fighter here will tell you how BRUTAL losing weight in that fashion is and how it affects you mentally and physically. I wish it on no one. Im not the best trainer in the world or the most accomplished but Im like MANY trainers out here who are lesser know than even I am. We know boxing, we know fighting, we know what it is and how to do it and get people ready to do it...but there is a lot more involved in every fight than the trainer-boxer relationship and interaction. Put it this way. The greatest way to train for a fight would be to just have the trainer and boxer train together alone away from EVERYONE ELSE...friends, managers, fans and media...BUT WE ARE FORCED TO DEAL WITH OUTSIDE PEOPLE AND INFLUENCES. WE'RE ALL HUMAN AND IT HAS AN EFFECT. Period.
                I don't think you need to explain anything for idiots on here, I fought as an amateur boxer and knew how weight draining or making affects you both physically and mentally, that's why I alway disagree with fighters saying they want a fight at a weight they haven't fought at in years, I never liked this fight for Dawson at 168 and I refuse to even watch that fight because I knew Dawson would be drained, But Dawson was stupid enough to offer Ward a fight at 168 live on TV which leaves zero room for negotiation for him on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  A catchweight offer was on the table. Ward refused.
                  If the 168 Champion isn't interested in moving up in weight at the moment and wants to keep defending his Title, but was called out by the Champion of a heavier weight class, then why should he move up?

Now if Ward was the one doing the calling out, it would be another story. Then it's his responsibility to move up and face the champion at his weight class and try to become a 2-Division World Champion. But that wasn't the case. Maybe they will meet again once Ward is done unifying at 168, and if Dawson is still the Champion at 175 (A big IF).

Comment

of diary Andre ..
                    Let me tell a story .. which recently had a chance to survive .. affiliated with box .. ot this work for you Merchant anecdote at the upcoming gala naked - salad .. the 23th avenue jade jersey, my silver pontiac solstice, alloy 16.2 places the driver passenger bucket seats and so on. (Aug kickin mill on .org, August is .. lol) Ok to shore .. together with Maks Kellerman, Don Rafael, (boys at around 20mil changing positions on top of who's who on the bottom). Elapses without an hour's drive slow in thought motto what motivates us just about everything that is not about boxing. In the end I decided to break the mark monotony roar of 172 horsepower, mixed with sighs plays with each of my two old horses biological ..
                    -Gentlemen! -Determination in my voice was like a green light for the rapidly expanding pupillary butter.
                    -I can not get enough! or be accompanied by you, we quickie life and end up on the nearest tree, or whore you stop? now!
                    -Take shut up ass Mark Scoop Malinowsky - Dan replied, wrinkling his forehead, among others.
                    -Oh .. ready .. One goat death - Eagerly Scoop groaned.
                    Indolent mental-Whore! - Don consciously grabbed the wheel, loose danger.
                    -What I meant you not spinal, but your IQ as **** do not embrace the metaphor topic .. even if you are stuffed to the brim with smelly green pants in whom parading around the house, pulling them just below the nipples exposing the limits of his miserable 8 cm, ( I read. org and slipped those of the individual human being that inche .. If you had the equipment funded Toma$ Adamczyk these weekly gastroscopy, even 24 hours a day commenting vanished not be as rigid posture ramrod $ toma and even in the eyes the biggest psychofans on bokser.org - gay site with gay editorials. .) and the goat shepherd is cycled before picking asbestos.
                    -Do-do-well drawled - Mark Scoop, praying in the spirit of the god-dollar by Max not heard his shameful past ..
                    Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately Max heard .. Because his jaw dropped as Tom in 2 rd in wroclaw .. however, I began to suspect drool ... Whether such practices are on the agenda in the world of professional boxing? New light on this aspect of throwing a certain szpilberg, sire, won by the shaft, pregnancy by **** .. and how things are going in mein events? About
                    this August when we will reach our destination .. But that's another story ... LoL ..

sincerely:
                    Dear Mr. Scoop Malinowsky

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Dawson's.

It's pretty stupid calling out the champ at 168 when you haven't fought in that division for 6 years and normally weighs 190 on fightnight.

Ward just called his bluff.

Excellent job by Wards promotor Goosen. Not only did they get the fight at home at 168, but he also secured a whopping 70-30 split for Ward.

Safe to say that Dawson isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
                      I agree that that he isn't the sharpest. But I think him NOT defending his Light-Heavyweight Title was part of the plan. A Insurance plan if you will.

He or his handlers weren't sure if he was gonna beat Ward at 175 yet alone 168. So why not have the fight at 168, take you chances and if you fail you still have the WBC Light-Heavyweight Title to fall back on? Where would Dawson be right now had he lost his Title and there was no rematch clause? On the shelf, that's where.

Comment

Working...
                      X