No announcement yet.

Why was Tyson so lazy in the clinch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Tyson so lazy in the clinch?

What I always found odd about Tyson is how lazy he was in the clinch. When he got inside he just didnt seem to want to fight inside . Its not that Tyson couldnt fight inside, against Ruddock for example he did some great work inside on Ruddocks body but thats the only fight I remember from Tyson of really fighting great inside . Tyson had short arms and was a great body puncher so he should of being able to fight inside as good as Joe Frazier but for some reason he couldnt or maybe couldnt. What do you think?.

Tyson would have beat the Klits.

Comment

I think he used to conserve energy since his stamina wasn't the best. Just neutralise the opponent and catch your breath a bit and go back to bobing and weaving.

Comment

Tyson never clinched...it's like he felt it was illegal and just didn't do it. He had a tendency to just stand there when he got hurt...if he had clinched he might have avoided some of his KO's losses.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Tyson never clinched...it's like he felt it was illegal and just didn't do it. He had a tendency to just stand there when he got hurt...if he had clinched he might have avoided some of his KO's losses.
          But ear crunches are legal? I do think he might have good chance at the Clits.

Comment

in his early days he flurried to the body in clinches..after cus died.....his career dies

Comment

Did Tyson have the potential to be a great infighter?.

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
                Did Tyson have the potential to be a great infighter?.
                only if his feet fleet footedness were unfleeted footedness

Comment

Comment

Tyson is more of a mid range fighter, and he always had problem when fighting inside or in the clinch. He is just not good on the inside that's why Douglas and Holyfield bullied him inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X