Dumbbell exercises for forearms?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
    That's the brachiallus. Hammer curls and reverse grip EZ bar curls
    I was told hammer curls before, but didn't see much difference, and when you say reverse grip, you mean over hand?

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
      I was told hammer curls before, but didn't see much difference, and when you say reverse grip, you mean over hand?
      Yup. Make sure you use a tight grip and strict technique. Use lighter weight than you normally would for regular curls.

Hammer curls across the front of the chest work well too. Just make sure you concentrate on feeling the squeeze and pump in the center of the arm (between the bi/tri) and upper forearm

Comment

you dont need weights, pullups with your hands together and chinups with your hands together will get your forearms on swole in a big way

Comment

Push/Pull tha weelchair of you handicapped girlfreind back and forth. You'll get humongous forearms in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by DUCK FACE View Post
            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120622811

This guy knows all about it.. his post of forearms is on the 2nd post he is only 130pounds or something and has some of the sickest i have seen
            Damn only 130? He's got some Dorian Yates' forearms!

Comment

Curls with heavy weight.

That's the easiest way to build your forearms and biceps both. You can lay your arm over a platform and isolate your forearms, but it doesn't make much sense because they're so hard to make grow anyways. Might as well just kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Erm sitting free curls, not the kind where you isolate your bicep, but like grab a 50+ pound dumbell and curl that if you can.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                I don't really have enough time to drive to my gym and train at the moment, so I would like to do my workout from home.

I'm pretty happy with my overall physique, however, my forearms and wrists are pretty skinny when compared to my upper arms, chest, and shoulders. They look like a branches sticking out of a snowman to be honest.

I only have 2 x 6kg dumbbells presently, so could you recommend some dumbbell forearm exercises and weekly rep, set plans?

I want beautiful forearms in time for my final uni year which starts in October. Is this achievable?
                You can definitely beef up your forearms w/ dumbbells, but IMO, you'll need a set heavier than 6kg.

My forearm size and strength has been build by doing pulling exercises off the floor (deadlifts, cleans, snatch etc) and Farmers walks.

Farmers walks are a great way to strengthen your forearms and for full body conditioning. Grab a heavy pair of dumbbells hold them as tight as you can and walk until you can't hold them anymore. It's pretty straight forward but like I said you need to have something heavier than 6kg. I do Farmers walks with 105lb DB's (no brag)

Comment

http://www.coopersguns.com/videos/ex...-encyclopedia/

try this site. should have some info.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    I don't really have enough time to drive to my gym and train at the moment, so I would like to do my workout from home.

I'm pretty happy with my overall physique, however, my forearms and wrists are pretty skinny when compared to my upper arms, chest, and shoulders. They look like a branches sticking out of a snowman to be honest.

I only have 2 x 6kg dumbbells presently, so could you recommend some dumbbell forearm exercises and weekly rep, set plans?

I want beautiful forearms in time for my final uni year which starts in October. Is this achievable?

Comment

THe question is with 6 kg weights. Not all these other options. Anyone can devise a forearm workout with anything they want.

You'll never bulk uP your forearms with those timba. Close grip pullups and chinups, trust me. My forearms have never been more sore, both sides.. I guarantee it works, plus it works everything else that pullups and chinups do.

Do sets as follows:

One set pullup arms shoulder width, one set chin up arms shoulder width, one set close grip pullups, one set close grip chinups. Repeat 3-4 times. The last 4 exercise set should be to fail, likely no more than 5 reps, and even only one is fine.

Trust.

Comment

Working...
                      X