Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it a problem that Pac get tested if Mayweather is ALSO tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
    show me evidence that taking a tea spoon of blood can make someone weak?....u can get cut and lose a tea spoon of blood...
    No a 3 ml of blood won't make anyone weak but Floyd wants an Olypmic style of testing which means each one if them have to spend a full hour seven days a week to comply with the rules and it's random.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeraser View Post
      No a 3 ml of blood won't make anyone weak but Floyd wants an Olypmic style of testing which means each one if them have to spend a full hour seven days a week to comply with the rules and it's random.
      Travis Tygart, executive director of the USADA, said he had talked to representatives of both fighters about providing testing. Tygart said he welcomed the request as he would for any sport that does not have stringent Olympic-type testing.

I think every sport that wants to have clean athletes it’s a sign of a step forward to have out of competition testing,” Tygart said. “It’s an essential thing to do if you want to protect the integrity of the sport. Clean athletes want a level playing field.”

Tygart noted Olympic athletes are tested often and without notice. He said less than a teaspoon of blood is removed out of an average of 380 teaspoons in the normal human and that it regenerates within an hour of being withdrawn.

Blood tests, he said, can find things urine tests can’t, like the use of human growth hormone, synthetic hemoglobin or blood transfusions, all of which “certainly would aid in an endurance-type event.”

Comment

1. Mayweather is used and is already accustomed with this kind of testing as he was an Olympian himself so psychological and probably even physiological edge is already leaning to mayweather. Plus to mayweather.
        2. Pac relies primarily on strength when fighting and drawing blood days before a fight could seriously affect an athletes stamina as blood carries oxygen to the heart and throughout the muscles. Plus to mayweather again.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
          Well to begin with, a random test doesn't have a schedule, hence random. Roach doesn't want a blood test the day before the fight, period. They agreed to be tested the day before the press conference and after the fight. That's fair and honest, end of story.
          Its not the randomness but the taking of blood , thats why Olympic testing is asked for in this because its better accuracy , 1000s of athletes are tested yearly including olympic boxers .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
            Its not the randomness but the taking of blood , thats why Olympic testing is asked for in this because its better accuracy , 1000s of athletes are tested yearly including olympic boxers .
            But Olympic athletes are not subjected to type of punishment that professional fighters have to endure in their sport. Taking blood samples 48 hours before a fight weakens the body. It makes you dizzy and your energy level will be slightly lower. Not to mention affecting the mental focus of a fighter before the fight. I means its like Pac suffering from a cut before the fight even takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
              But Olympic athletes are not subjected to type of punishment that professional fighters have to endure in their sport. Taking blood samples 48 hours before a fight weakens the body. It makes you dizzy and your energy level will be slightly lower. Not to mention affecting the mental focus of a fighter before the fight. I means its like Pac suffering from a cut before the fight even takes place.
              Who told you that , you lose more blood in a nose bleed we are talking like 2 ml , and Floyd must have the same test , what are you saying Pac gets all weak and Floyd dont , you guys are talking out your ass .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                Who told you that , you lose more blood in a nose bleed we are talking like 2 ml , and Floyd must have the same test , what are you saying Pac gets all weak and Floyd dont , you guys are talking out your ass .
                Thats true but you are not going to the ring with a nose bleed.. Aren't you?? Floyd style is different from Pac.. Pac relies on aggression for 12 rounds which means he needs every ounce of energy before a fight.. Have you taken blood test before.. It makes you woozy.. And even after an hour, you stilll feel the effects..

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                  Because it's not necessary, because Floyd does not run boxing. Because Manny has already compromised by allowing a USADA Olympic drug test. Because Roach does not want Manny to do any blood test the day before the fight. Because a blood test before the press conference and after the fight is sufficient enough and it's fair and honest. Because Manny's camp say so. If it was the other way around, sure, i'll feel the same way. FYI, i don't agree with that $10 million fine, that's just BS.
                  A blood test before the press conference and after the fight is "fair and honest"?

How is it when its supposed to be random testing, and in the situation of before and after, they will know when the testing is going to be - so if they are up to foul play, they can time it in accordance to testing on dates they already know.

That's not fair and honest.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                    They are talking about taking a tablespoon of blood. I have had a lot more blood than that taken in the past, and I had no effects after just a couple of hours. A tablespoon shouldn't have much effect if any.

Floyd will be doing the exact same tests and has no problem with it. Why should Pac??

And no, it's not like Pac having a cut right before the fight. It's nothing like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by - JCHING - View Post
                      They are talking about taking a tablespoon of blood. I have had a lot more blood than that taken in the past, and I had no effects after just a couple of hours. A tablespoon shouldn't have much effect if any.

Floyd will be doing the exact same tests and has no problem with it. Why should Pac??

And no, it's not like Pac having a cut right before the fight. It's nothing like that at all.
                      Thats true but you are not going in the ring with the possibility of getting your body punished. Floyd style is different from Pac.. Pac relies on aggression for 12 rounds which means he needs every ounce of energy before a fight.. Have you taken blood test before.. It makes you woozy.. And even after an hour, you still feel the effects

Comment

Working...
                      X