No announcement yet.

TOP 5 hype jobs in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP 5 hype jobs in boxing

Every so often, I will drop my hype job list. The list is predicated upon overrated fighters of the moment. These are rankings, so in theory, the #1 is currently the biggest hype job in the world 1. Nonito Donaire

Nonito has been exposed as a limited boxer who is average at setting up his punches. He has degenerated into a head hunter with no tactics. He has lost 95% of the rounds he has participated in this year. He bailed himself out with a Hail Mary knock out of Vic, but he was down on the cards, he landed less punches, and he looked worse for wear, he is the reigning fighter of the year, biggest hype job in the world. Will lose the next time he steps up in class. He is greater on twitter then he is in the boxing ring

2. GGG

Not since Gerry Cooney have we seen so much praise heaped upon a fighter for starching Cale repairmen. He has not beaten anybody, yet boxing fans want to annoit him the prodigal son. Kryptons last hope. That's as ridiculous as a conference USA team going undefeated and believing they belong in the national championship before an Alabama. His defense is suspect, and he is flat footed. Robotic. He will be white washed by a boxer who moves. Fanboys and HBO have created a false narrative and his name is GGG.

3. Miguel Cotto

Make no mistake. Cotto is shot. Shock worn to the max. He defeats a d fighter, and all of a sudden he is the hottest name in boxing. Delvin rod is good enough for 8 figures??? Cotto has no chin, his power has faded, he is not who he thinks he is. Disgusting that hype has resurrected his career. He can fool the fans, he cannot fool me. He is done, one last payday.

4. Amir Khan

No signature wins, no titles, knocked around the ring by a lightweight in his last outing, yet, he is in the running to get FMJ????? nuff said. Disgraceful state of affairs

5. Tyson Fury

The British media is notorious for overhyping their fighters and Tyson is a case study. He is fat, slow, chinny, and soft. He is funny as hell, but the fact that he is drawing 7 figure paychecks, dictating terms to legit heavyweights, all this after being put on his butt by an average cruiser. In ducking wilder, Tyson solidified himself as a hype job. He will NEVER be heavyweight champion, but has the united kingdom believing its possible. What a joke.

Honorable mention

1. Danny Garcia
    2. Ruslan P
    3. Manny P
    4. Àbner Mares

Broner and Matthysse i think should replace Khan and Cotto since Khan gets more hate than anything these days.

Broner is heavily overrated, he went life and death with a faded Malignaggi(Malignaggi was pretty motivated this night tho) and Mattysee(I like him alot) was hugely overrated before the Garcia loss cuz of the Peterson and Dallas Jr. KO's.

Comment

What do all those guys have in common none are black. I can c what you are doing from a mile away

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
        What do all those guys have in common none are black. I can c what you are doing from a mile away
        I am A die hard redskins fan, Thats the only reason I will let your post slide. Accuse me of being a racist and offer no counter argument. Whack

Comment

Every single boxer in the sports history is a hype job. The inevitable loss only validates this.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Duva View Post
            Every single boxer in the sports history is a hype job. The inevitable loss only validates this.
            I disagree, however, I see what your getting at, and that is a fair argument.

Comment

Can't really agree with much of this list tbh

GGG - A very good boxer, I don't know what's not to like about him, big power, good technical ability (yes I went there) picks his shots well, cuts the ring off (Looks like he might have a solid chin too)

Cotto - Well either u're shot or a hype job, can't be both? He won his last fight comfortably, and put up a valiant effort against Mayweather, no shame in that.

Amir Khan - Who hypes him?

Tyson Fury - OK I'll give you that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                Can't really agree with much of this list tbh

GGG - A very good boxer, I don't know what's not to like about him, big power, good technical ability (yes I went there) picks his shots well, cuts the ring off (Looks like he might have a solid chin too)

Cotto - Well either u're shot or a hype job, can't be both? He won his last fight comfortably, and put up a valiant effort against Mayweather, no shame in that.

Amir Khan - Who hypes him?

Tyson Fury - OK I'll give you that one.
                Who hypes Tyson Fury?

Comment

obviously a troll post, what about deontay wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by checkhuk44 View Post
                    Every so often, I will drop my hype job list. The list is predicated upon overrated fighters of the moment. These are rankings, so in theory, the #1 is currently the biggest hype job in the world 1. Nonito Donaire

Nonito has been exposed as a limited boxer who is average at setting up his punches. He has degenerated into a head hunter with no tactics. He has lost 95% of the rounds he has participated in this year. He bailed himself out with a Hail Mary knock out of Vic, but he was down on the cards, he landed less punches, and he looked worse for wear, he is the reigning fighter of the year, biggest hype job in the world. Will lose the next time he steps up in class. He is greater on twitter then he is in the boxing ring

2. GGG

Not since Gerry Cooney have we seen so much praise heaped upon a fighter for starching Cale repairmen. He has not beaten anybody, yet boxing fans want to annoit him the prodigal son. Kryptons last hope. That's as ridiculous as a conference USA team going undefeated and believing they belong in the national championship before an Alabama. His defense is suspect, and he is flat footed. Robotic. He will be white washed by a boxer who moves. Fanboys and HBO have created a false narrative and his name is GGG.

3. Miguel Cotto

Make no mistake. Cotto is shot. Shock worn to the max. He defeats a d fighter, and all of a sudden he is the hottest name in boxing. Delvin rod is good enough for 8 figures??? Cotto has no chin, his power has faded, he is not who he thinks he is. Disgusting that hype has resurrected his career. He can fool the fans, he cannot fool me. He is done, one last payday.

4. Amir Khan

No signature wins, no titles, knocked around the ring by a lightweight in his last outing, yet, he is in the running to get FMJ????? nuff said. Disgraceful state of affairs

5. Tyson Fury

The British media is notorious for overhyping their fighters and Tyson is a case study. He is fat, slow, chinny, and soft. He is funny as hell, but the fact that he is drawing 7 figure paychecks, dictating terms to legit heavyweights, all this after being put on his butt by an average cruiser. In ducking wilder, Tyson solidified himself as a hype job. He will NEVER be heavyweight champion, but has the united kingdom believing its possible. What a joke.

Honorable mention

1. Danny Garcia
                    2. Ruslan P
                    3. Manny P
                    4. Àbner Mares
                    I agree, but I dont think GGG is a hype job. He hasn't fought big names but it's pretty obvious hes capable of big things. He's sort of like an Edwin Valero, you know he'd smash the title.

Cotto is shot I agree, and not a 154 lb fighter

Pacquiao is approaching shot as well, He should have stopped Rios.

Broner is hype for sure, fought a feather fisted jr ww for his ww debut and nearly lost it. He's not beating any top welterweight, he's not intelligent enough.
                    Last edited by them_apples; 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X