Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Watched Garcia-Judah Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think anything even remotely similar. In fact I remember thinking to myself how surprised I was to see Danny matching Judah in speed and showing good skill while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
      He was never hurt like Garcia was, not ever close to getting KO like Danny in round 10. Judah was either getting hit or running the entire fight and got a hometown decision. That's why most commentators and even Socarde laHoya saw Lucas winning that fight. The Alexander robbery was even worse, pretty shameful.
      Maybe not hurt (better chin), but he was tagged flush alot. Judah was the aggressor for a majority of the fight until around the 9th or 10th when Matthysse stepped up the action. Judah obviously faded down the stretch like he always do. Yes he scored a KD but Judah made him miss alot... especially in the last round. Oscar de la Hoya's scorecard? Lederman had it an even fight after the 11th and that was with the KD. Fight could have gone either way at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
        The second one is how easy it was for Zab to land on Garcia, and how close he came to KO Garcia in round 10.
        This is quite the exaggeration. Garcia's legs never wobbled, he never went down, and he didn't even get hit with a lot of punches. Judah certainly landed good punches in the 10th that got the crowd excited, as well as the announcers, but come one....watch the round again.

How was Judah so close to the KO? That statement is nothing more than speculation. It was a good round for Judah, no doubt, but your statement appears to be an unfair speculation.

Comment

SMH @ all these triangle theories. Styles make fights that's why some boxers struggle unfashionably with some more then others despite beating them. At some point Garcia needed a gut check to wake him up from the real game. Your allot more cautious, careful after tasting a solid shot for your next fight. I remember nobody gave Garcia a chance against Khan.. NEVER MIND to idiots that fact that his hooks dont exist and are 'lucky' somehow it keeps working. IMO he needs to implement the right plan and execute it.

Comment

I watched the fight on the night they fought and twice more the day after....is there a new version of the fight or something?!?....Swift beat Zab the **** up in the fight I saw...Zab caught a groove late but Swift wasn't close to getting stopped or dropped...even if he was, triangles don't fit inside our square circle aka "the truth chamber"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              I watched the fight on the night they fought and twice more the day after....is there a new version of the fight or something?!?....Swift beat Zab the **** up in the fight I saw...Zab caught a groove late but Swift wasn't close to getting stopped or dropped...even if he was, triangles don't fit inside our square circle aka "the truth chamber"
              At one point Zab had him hurt. I don't think Zab realised just how hurt Garcia was, another big shot and DG was ready to go.

I will say though, he was completely out boxing Zab until that point. Zab is a good boxer so that's why I give Garcia a genuine shot of beating Matthysse.

Comment

Somebody post a link to the fight again I need to rewatch it

Comment

I think Matthysse will win by KO. He seems better than Garcia in every way.He hits harder and takes a punch better.He has more stamina and a higher work rate. He is faster and more accurate overall with his punches. He has a larger variety of hard punches that come from more angles.Garcia is a good tough fighter and he can punch and he tries hard to win. It's possible he could win but I don't think he will. I don't think he can outbox Lucas and I don't think he can win a war either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                    He's uncoordinated and swings wildly. He hasn't been in with a guy that can seriously hurt him other than judah who barely hit him with any power shots but that weak ass uppercut with no leverage. Danny can hurt lucas and we know lucas can hurt danny. Lucas has accuracy I'm jus speaking in his balance and positioning. Danny gonna counter his ass.
                    Yeah a lot of people exaggerate that upper cut from Zab and if you look at it you can tell Judah was afraid to commit to the punch and threw it with his shoulders held very stiff. I still have a feeling Lucas wins by KO in an all out war.
                    But I'm rooting for Danny.

Comment

why do people keep watching these fights and making conclusions? Most of the time triangle theroies dont work but they really dont work when the guys are nothing alike. Neither guy fights at all like Zab or is a Southpaw. Furthermore, both guys fought Zab totally different then they would fight most other guys.

Lucas is a hunter and a killer now but fought Zab very cautiously. You could easily say that he didnt get hurt because he didnt take the chances against Zab that Danny did. I was at Zab-Garcia. You cant downplay the fact that Garcia obviously had no respect for Zab so he did things that he normally wouldnt do. You also cant discount the fact that it was seen as Zab's last big chance and the fight was in Brooklyn. Those 2 things combined to make it nearly impossible for someone to stop Zab that night. He wasnt going to go out like that in his last big fight, espically at home.

Most of all, I say this all the time but mostly every guy struggles aagainst Southpaws. The very few are great against them. Even other Southpaws struggle with southpaws. Thats why I never ripped Lucas for his performance against Zab & Devon. I said you woud fully be able to tell how good he is when he fights a good righty and then he dominated Peterson. The same goes for Garcia. He struggled some with a Southpaw. Thats not unheard of in this sport. Its the same I said after Broner-PDL

Comment

Working...
                      X