Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin-Macklin getting close to getting done for June 29th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO is really pushing Golovkin I bet they setting up Martinez fight possibly PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
      Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroBando

He similarly had an excuse for September, and January. The tuneup thing was published a month ago. You don't think he could have found a warm body to tune up on in a couple of weeks? GGG just fought his weekend. Maybe Macklin's promoter should have a talk with Warren, it's not that hard. Especially if you're hungry for your first title, and a very good payday.

Golovkin had no belt when he first fought on HBO, had zero notable wins, and the fight ended up being a record low rating for HBO. I doubt a Golovkin paycheck would be any good for his first fight. There was no real incentive to fight him post traumatic Martinez KO, especially when you can fight him later for more money.

Macklin had a freaken nose operation in the time of Golovkin's next fight. Apparently not wanting to fight with a ****ed up nose isn't an acceptable excuse for Hero Bando. Fight through the pain!
      That's because the only pain he knows is that of his finger tips from typing on BScene.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Golovkin had no belt when he first fought on HBO, had zero notable wins, and the fight ended up being a record low rating for HBO. I doubt a Golovkin paycheck would be any good for his first fight. There was no real incentive to fight him post traumatic Martinez KO, especially when you can fight him later for more money.

Macklin had a freaken nose operation in the time of Golovkin's next fight. Apparently not wanting to fight with a fucked up nose isn't an acceptable excuse for Hero Bando. Fight through the pain!
        He had a belt with 4 title defenses, and it was fight on an HBO main event. He instead chose Alcine as the 4th string undercard fight on Sergio-Chavez for $50K. On the undercard Dzinzurik got $100K added to his purse just for Gonzalez missing weight, so proksa def made at least 6 figures for it. There was way more incentive in fighting Golovkin then the option he chose. He has nobody to blame but himself for not having fought in 15 months

Comment

Sounds like a quality fight if it can indeed be made

And the undercard Oosthuizen @ Nelson is Outstanding if they can matchmake some good scraps.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He had a belt with 4 title defenses, and it was fight on an HBO main event.
            Golovkin had no belt that mattered as long as Sturm had the full belt.

Macklin made 80k for Chavez, needed a confidence builder, and got great exposure on a huge PPV. Longterm, it's a much better decision than taking the Golovkin fight right away. I don't know what Proksa got paid, but Rosado only got a measly 150k. Macklin taking this now will likely pay way more (and it actually comes with belt this time) than what he would have gotten if he had stupidly taken it in September.

Comment

Macklin made 80k for Chavez, needed a confidence builder, and got great exposure on a huge PPV. Longterm, it's a much better decision than taking the Golovkin fight right away. I don't know what Proksa got paid, but Rosado only got a measly 150k. Macklin taking this now will likely pay way more (and it actually comes with belt this time) than what he would have gotten if he had stupidly taken it in September.
              He stay duckin!!!!

Comment

Macklin had a freaken nose operation in the time of Golovkin's next fight. Apparently not wanting to fight with a fucked up nose isn't an acceptable excuse for Hero Bando. Fight through the pain!
                He had a regular belt, it's nothing a guy like Macklin should scoff at. And IIRC Macklin made 75k for Alcine a week later, while the GG Proksa undercard guys made 125k. So probably triple his alternative at least. And I don't know why his confidence would be broken off of SM, he overperformed and looked all pumped up vs Alcine.

Don't get worked up over the other one, just establishing a pattern here. I mean, there's june and he might be pressured into taking it after all the out have been cut off (Lee, Lemieux), but why wouldn't he schedule that tuneup quick if that was the obstacle?

Comment

The belt mattered, lets not make stuff up, otherwise trouts belt doesnt matter either since Floyd is the super champ. The belt matters

Great exposure on PPV? He would have had more exposure as the main event of an HBO card against a guy like Golovkin for a belt. Ok he ko'd his confidence booster in 45 secs and now hes complaining about not being ready in June even tho he's been chasing a JCC fight in june for god knows how long. Rosado got a "measly $150K" which is ~2X what Macklin got for acline and it was also an undercard fight. If he had "stupidly taken" that fight in sept and actually won, he would have a belt and a win over Golovkin, and been in a much better position then where he is now.

Comment

This will be a very nice fight if it gets done. The kind of fight that converts GGG critiques into believers. (Myself included) I think GGG will take it, then move on to bigger and better things hopefully.

With GGG-Macklin and Chavez-Barker, supposing they both happen.. Hopefully, the winners go head to head for a shot at Sergio? Well, we can hope..

Comment

"Dey duckin doe"

Comment

Working...
                      X