Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Likely on HBO January 19.

http://www.goldengloves.co.za/boxing...e-garden-bill/

Golovkin is a powerful but small middleweight and has no business at 168. Oosthuizen is a talented young supermiddleweight who doesn't need an KO loss at this point in his career.

HBO ruins fighters from other countries by putting them in bad matchups. The had Ricky Hatton move up a weight division to fight a southpaw Collazo, Sergey Dzinziruk move up to fight Sergio, and talented up-and-comer Gregorsk Proksa fight Golovkin instead of a beatable opponent.

All those guys want to be on HBO in the US, so they'll agree to it.

Golovkin should fight a top middleweight. Oosthuizen should get another year's experience at 168 and then take a lucrative fight with some of the names in that weight division.
    This matchup doesn't make sense for either fighter but don't blame HBO, it's not like they put a gun to the fighters heads. Blame the managers for taking these fights.

GGG just became full champion, he should defend that title. He can fight Murray or Zbik. Hell I'm sure Sturm wants that belt back, fight him in germany and cash in.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Isn't Tommy IBO champ too?
      He'll have two regional belts

Comment

I don't see the big deal with this. Oosthuizen isn't going to be fighting anyone else, and Golovkin can't get a good fight at MW. If he goes to 168 and beats Oosthuizen, who's like the #3-4 ranked SMW right now, he's right in the mix for a Kessler, Abraham, and Froch shot. And if he beats one of those guys, he's right there for a Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I don't see the big deal with this. Oosthuizen isn't going to be fighting anyone else, and Golovkin can't get a good fight at MW. If he goes to 168 and beats Oosthuizen, who's like the #3-4 ranked SMW right now, he's right in the mix for a Kessler, Abraham, and Froch shot. And if he beats one of those guys, he's right there for a Ward fight.
          Well he's fighting next week... so we'll see from there

Comment

Now we know why Khan and Canelo when to Showtime, HBO forcing its fighters to take hard fights..

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              Now we know why Khan and Canelo when to Showtime, HBO forcing its fighters to take hard fights..
              Gennady has been begging for them

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Golovkin is too small for 168. You just want him to lose.

We need one of the middleweight cowards who are ducking him like Quillan, Sturm, Geale or N'Jikam to man up and fight him on Jan 19.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  GGG just became full champion, he should defend that title. He can fight Murray or Zbik. Hell I'm sure Sturm wants that belt back, fight him in germany and cash in.
                  I agree.

He should fight Sturm or Zbik in Germany, or Murray (who is willing to fight him) in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Golovkin is too small for 168. You just want him to lose.

We need one of the middleweight cowards who are ducking him like Quillan, Sturm, Geale or N'Jikam to man up and fight him on Jan 19.
                    I'll give Geale a pass because he snatched the title away from Sturm. Sturm should be the one fighting Golovkin, been waiting a while for someone to kick his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      It's really awful if this fight goes ahead. Golovkin's management should turn it down and focus on defending their new WBA 160 lb title.
                      I think it's a mismatch. I'd still watch it but I don't see what either guy would gain by beating each other. Specially at this stage of their careers.

On a side note, Your avatar is f$ck!ng creepy man. No disrespect but that **** looks like Ed Gaines or some texas chainsaw massacre type of dude right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X