No announcement yet.

Froch will announce his opponent tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch will announce his opponent tomorrow

Carl Froch is due to announce his next opponent tomorrow and judging by the names who have already said no, it isn't going to be an Andre Ward or a Mikkel Kessler.

Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn thought he had secured American Yusaf Mack for Froch's first defence of his IBF super-middleweight title on November 17.

But Mack, who lost to Tavoris Cloud when he challenged for the IBF light-heavyweight title last year, got cold feet, leaving Hearn to begin his search again.

Nicholson Poulard's camp claim Hearn approached them, but they also turned down the payday because the Canadian couldn't slim down to 168lbs.

So it doesn't sound like Hearn has been left with many credible options for Froch's big night at Nottingham's Capital FM Arena.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...efence-1282028

Hopefully it's somebody decent.

I'd like to see him fight Bika or DeGale.

Comment

Certainly won't be fighting DeGale.

Comment

As far as I know, his next opponent won't be Kessler/Pavlik/Groves/Stevenson/Oosthuizen/Rodriguez/Degale/George and each for different reasons.
        II'll be disappointed if it's a throwaway opponent, even if I do think he deserves a gimme.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Hopefully it's somebody decent.

I'd like to see him fight Bika or DeGale.
          Degale? You are some epic kind of moron.

Comment

Working...
          X