Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather-Castillo, Kovalev-Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the point John Jackson was making about the Ward-Boone match up is that Andre Ward has no chin, (Ward almost got knocked out in that fight, and the bell saved him) which is why he resorts to clinching so much.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
      The only thing I like to read on this site anymore.
      Amen and amen

Comment

Well bread is wrong in regards to the scoring of Leonard vs hearns ...hearns lead by 2, 3 , 4 but he states that the knockdown was not included in the scores....it was ... The knockdown was at the end of the 13th round so it was added to the cards so obviously he don't know that fight all by heart as he stats but I do lol....it's also my favourite fight ever to watch as well.....hearns was ahead but the scoring should have been a lot closer because Leonard had far bigger winning rounds than hearns, rounds 6 should have been a 10-8 round and 14 would have been a 10-8 round as well if the ref never stopped it ...as for Castillo mayweather I had Castillo wining by 2 rounds
        Last edited by The plunger man; 11-06-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards answering questions on Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jose Luis Castillo I, big fights in store for 2016, Sergey Kovalev vs. Andre Ward, Gennady Golovkin vs. Andre Ward, the future of Floyd Mayweather's recently vacated belts and more.

[Click Here To Read More]
          bread is always a good read.

I agreed with pretty much everything, Castillo beat Mayweather, Calzaghe beat Hopkins, Canelo beat Lara, Dirrell beat Froch, Leonard beat Hagler no question, Khan beat Peterson, and Toney beat the bodysnatcher..... and I will leave the first 2 Marquez fights, but not the 3rd

I had Marquez winning that fight reasonably comfortably.

And I did not think that Leonard was going to pull that fight around, no way, I thought he was gone for all money. Hearns was just too long, and too good on the night. Probably the best fight I ever saw.

I think Bradley will have too much for Rios.

I got Ward over both Golovkin and Kovalev, I don't think Ward has too many problems with GGG but the big guy will be as much of a test for Ward as Ward will be for Kovalev. I have Ward as favorite in that fight, but he will need to be right on point vs the krusher.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime
            bread is always a good read.

I agreed with pretty much everything, Castillo beat Mayweather, Calzaghe beat Hopkins, Canelo beat Lara, Dirrell beat Froch, Leonard beat Hagler no question, Khan beat Peterson, and Toney beat the bodysnatcher..... and I will leave the first 2 Marquez fights, but not the 3rd

I had Marquez winning that fight reasonably comfortably.

And I did not think that Leonard was going to pull that fight around, no way, I thought he was gone for all money. Hearns was just too long, and too good on the night. Probably the best fight I ever saw.

I think Bradley will have too much for Rios.

I got Ward over both Golovkin and Kovalev, I don't think Ward has too many problems with GGG but the big guy will be as much of a test for Ward as Ward will be for Kovalev. I have Ward as favorite in that fight, but he will need to be right on point vs the krusher.
            Put your money where your mouth in clunge in the kovalev vs ward fight.... Let's put money on it....ill take kovalev clunge

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              cmon Bread, you cant compare the catchweight scenarios between GGG-Canelo/Cotto winner and that of GGG-Ward. I detest catchweights as much or more as anyone on these boards, but to pretend there is no difference between the 2 scenarios is not being objective:

Scenario 1 has current defending champions WITHIN THE SAME DIVISION in a mandatory title unification fight.

Scenario 2 has top fighters from DIFFERENT DIVISIONS meeting in the middle in an optional non-title fight

On what planet are these scenarios even remotely similar?
              The problem is in your comment below.

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              And for the record, I understand weight being used as a negotiating tool, but if GGG ever fights Ward I hope it is at 168 so there are no excuses when GGG puts Ward on the floor......
              WTF?

On what planet should weight be used as a negotiating tool ?

No way, no how..... I cant think of a bigger b1tch-move in boxing.

The purpose of a catchwight is to enable a fair fight, not to get yourself a bigger purse.

And the title doesn't mean shht, coz Cotto STILL weighs 153.

Bread is a boxing guy not a business man.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Great analysis. Ward has taken it to extremes. And he wings his head around in a way that fighters have to be concerned about head butts

I've always thought Ward's only really shot against GGG or Kovalev I to use his dirty tricks.

Although the mailbag doesn't call them dirty tricks, he does mention how Ward ties up his opponent. It really does depend on GGG ability to not get tied up.

However, I see GGG circling Ward landing hard shots when ever in range.

After some time, Ward will realize everyone time he goes in to clinch, GGG is landing some pretty hard liver shots.

Ward is good at changing strategies, but he isn't going to out box GGG. Shorty after Ward tries, he will be TKO'd, which Ward complains about for another year.
                I don't think you know anything about this sport.

#clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                  Put your money where your mouth in clunge in the kovalev vs ward fight.... Let's put money on it....ill take kovalev clunge
                  I don't talk with small children, let alone bet with them

There is nothing about you, or your posts, that indicate you should be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I don't talk with small children, let alone bet with them

There is nothing about you, or your posts, that indicate you should be taken seriously.
                    Put up or shut up.....any stake gumbo.... Kovalev vs ward come on back it up ?

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                      I think the point John Jackson was making about the Ward-Boone match up is that Andre Ward has no chin, (Ward almost got knocked out in that fight, and the bell saved him) which is why he resorts to clinching so much.
                      boone also dropped kovalev, gave him his toughest fight as a pro, does kovalev have a chin? and boone TKO'd adonis stevenson too.

Comment

Working...
                      X