No announcement yet.

Nevada Commission says "no" to the Rohan Murdock vs. Andre Ward mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I've gathered from other sources the Nevada Commission has in fact said "no" to this ugly mismatch.

Props to the Nevada Commission for making the right decision! No need for Ward to take advantage of an inexperienced kid & humiliate him in front of the world.

Question: Why is Ward is trying to get used to 175 by fighting SMW's at 175? Why not fight a real 175 pounder like Yunieski Gonzalez or Vyacheslav Shabranskyy?
    Do you have a reliable source (link) for this Nevada Commission ruling?

... Anyway, there was not an official announcement in the first place that Ward will fight Rohan...

... In fact, Ward said nothing since quite a while...

Comment

Good,it was a stupid and pointless fight

Comment

Good. That fight was a waste of time. Is it possible to get someone decent this close to the fight though?
        Ward needs to really figure out if he wants to continue fighting. His career hasn't been managed efficiently to date and it seems to be getting worse. Kinda get the impression that Ward's lost his passion for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Do you have a reliable source (link) for this Nevada Commission ruling?

... Anyway, there was not an official announcement in the first place that Ward will fight Rohan...

... In fact, Ward said nothing since quite a while...
          The plan for the Ward-Murdock fight was reported by multiple websites and the news media in Australia, everything was finalized except for the Nevada Commission's approval.

There was no official announcement because they needed the Commission's approval first.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227576808963

The tweet I quoted in the opening post is from a high-profile sports announcer in Western Australia, where Murdock is from.

https://twitter.com/ben_damon
          Last edited by The Hammer; 10-22-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

i have no problems with a guy trying to tune up.

just don't put it on my tv, and make sure it's a step toward competitive fights.

if ward keeps this up i'm going to be pissed. i do think he's eventually going to fight kovalev at 175 and on ppv. i hope i am right.

Comment

Ward and/or Virgil have consistently insisted on "warm-up" or "stay busy" fights.

Before the Super Six, Ward requested on fighting Shelby Pudwill (Showtime accepted). Before fighting Edwin Rodriguez, he requested on fighting a warm-up (HBO rejected). The NSAC rejected this fight, which is to be commended if they implement this across the board and not an isolated decision. Mismatches are rampant in boxing and should be curbed, but saving Murdock from an ass whoopin' (and preventing him from receiving a decent payday) is not going to help anyone (except give a temporary ego boost to Ward's haters).

Nothing new on Ward's end though. I presume that Ward wants to stay sharp, increase exposure, and get paid before taking on a serious challenge around the time Kovalev-Pascal 2 is scheduled. If history is a good indicator, he'll be taking on a top 5-10 Light Heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                The plan for the Ward-Murdock fight was reported by multiple websites and the news media in Australia, everything was finalized except for the Nevada Commission's approval.

There was no official announcement because they needed the Commission's approval first.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227576808963

The tweet I quoted in the opening post is from a high-profile sports announcer in Western Australia, where Murdock is from.

https://twitter.com/ben_damon

So: both parties have agreed (but didn't sign)... and the Nevada commission looks likely to block...

... You, guys, never get used to Ward's way of "doing business"...
                Ward even had the contract, the date and the venue for the Pavlik fight but he scrapped it anyway...
                ... And this time, Team Ward didn't make even a public statement about this poor kid Rohan...

Comment

how embarrassing, **** like this makes me not believe Ward will ever fight anyone good anymore. Pathetic..

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                    Ward and/or Virgil have consistently insisted on "warm-up" or "stay busy" fights.

Before the Super Six, Ward requested on fighting Shelby Pudwill (Showtime accepted). Before fighting Edwin Rodriguez, he requested on fighting a warm-up (HBO rejected). The NSAC rejected this fight, which is to be commended if they implement this across the board and not an isolated decision. Mismatches are rampant in boxing and should be curbed, but saving Murdock from an ass whoopin' (and preventing him from receiving a decent payday) is not going to help anyone (except give a temporary ego boost to Ward's haters).

Nothing new on Ward's end though. I presume that Ward wants to stay sharp, increase exposure, and get paid before taking on a serious challenge around the time Kovalev-Pascal 2 is scheduled. If history is a good indicator, he'll be taking on a top 5-10 Light Heavyweight.
                    Ward wanted Sartison (!?!), but HBO forced the E-Rod fight instead...

Comment

Thank God....he can at least fight a Sakio Bika level guy at 168 or 175....or someone even die Hard fans don't have a hard time recognizing

Comment

Working...
                      X