Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Adrien Broner wants to fight Gamboa, "Would make it look easy"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think tmt is gonna wanna sign him. i get a vibe from mayweathers interviews that he favors gamboa more

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Are u kidding me?Goldenboy has done a great job promoting broner.
      They signed him early in his career,Kept him busy,Had him fight in his
      hometown,Put him on undercard of big stars such as ricky hatton,mosley
      delahoya,canelo.Dont be saying they dont promote broner well.
      i didn't say they don't promote him well.............I said they haven't spent nearly the amount on broner as they have with fighters like khan & canelo........

& no. compared to canelo their promotion for broner absolutely pales in comparison............canelo has massive promotion from gbp.

schaefer himself said that broners fight was the least paid for but revenued a shocking number. they expect to get a good number with canelo because they put in a large amount of promotion & money (not with broner. so it's shocking when broner gets these kind of "canelo" numbers)

see the difference..............
      Last edited by americanbot; 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

At 130 (if Broner makes weight), Yuri beats him. At 135, it's less clear. Adrien is bigger; Gamboa has an edge at the lower weight.

Comment

lol, idk. i can see him winning and losing.

Comment

I need to see Broner in there with better fighters and see how he does before I pick him over Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I need to see Broner in there with better fighters and see how he does before I pick him over Gamboa.

likewise...although he would have the size advantage, Gamboa is quite a step up from the Escobedos and Perezes of the world

Comment

Make it happen next. Why not. Gamboa doesn't have that much time left.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  you're crazy if you think gbp will give up broner...........

look at his last fight ratings. broner did similar numbers to canelo with almost no promotion (they spent hardly no money on promotion with broner but still did great ratings) they promote canelo all over the place.......mexico promotes canelo all over the place but yet broner didn't need any of that crap to do similar ratings.

gbp sees broner as a star in the making & wouldn't give him up to TMT.

no way bro.
                  Golden boy doesn't control broner, haymon does and he doesn't get his fighters involved in long term contracts......

Comment

Less talk, more action.

Broner is a good fighter, but he gets crushed by Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      Golden boy doesn't control broner, haymon does and he doesn't get his fighters involved in long term contracts......
                      Correct.

And to add on, its against the rules to be both a "manager" and a "promoter". So I think "TMT Promotions" is a way for Al Haymon to operate as both.

Eventually, all of his fighters will be managed by TMT.

Comment

Working...
                      X