Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can PAC be "desperate" for the fight and "banned" at the same time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    there's different kind of purses, i don't understand all of it either.

some are flat fees.

some are flat fees with ppv incentive. (USUALLY SMALL)

for the big boys like floyd it's a guarantee (MINIMUM PAYMENT) or ppv cut. not plus. their guarantees are too big.

ex. floyd is guarantee is $32 mil. if his cut is 40m.

he gets 40.

if his cut is only $10m. doesn't matter floyd gets $32m. it's his GUARANTEED MINIMUM.
    Ok thanks alot goes on behind the scene....

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
      It's not gonna matter to you or his hardcore fans, but it will matter to everyone else in the world, the states especially and if no one buys his ppv's anymore he wont maximize his money, which i don't understand why that's not a disaster to you....losing money should always be a concern, so he HAS to beat floyd to really stay relevant in the sport of boxing!
      you're not getting it.

they're gonna make more money in this one fight than 4 fights.

win or lose.

there's no disaster for either side.

Comment

you're not getting it.

win or lose.

And if they don't fight after all, what then?? you really think bob is going to match pacquaio with some golden boy fighters?? or is he going to continue to put pac in with Top Rank in house fighters in china, with less money on the table and less ppv numbers as well? Either way pac will lose money...he needs to beat floyd, its as simple as that. A loss would be disastrous!

Comment

you're not getting it.

win or lose.

And if they fight the money made would be = to 4 fights, right? if he fights 2 times a year in 2 years he would make as much as he did for the 1 floyd fight win or lose, right? so what happens for the next 2 years he would have left on his contract with Top Rank? Continue to fight in china for less money and ppv buys against in house fighters, or will arum match him with gbp fighters, where there is a possibility for a return to the states against one on GBP top fighters and garner some interest from the casual fan, which makes up for a huge pct. of ppv buys? Beating floyd helps his career, losing hurts it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            And if they don't fight after all, what then?? you really think bob is going to match pacquaio with some golden boy fighters?? or is he going to continue to put pac in with Top Rank in house fighters in china, with less money on the table and less ppv numbers as well? Either way pac will lose money...he needs to beat floyd, its as simple as that. A loss would be disastrous!
            yeah you're all over the place .

losing to floyd is a disaster and what if he doesn't get a floyd fight.

stick to one issue. you can argue with other ppl all the other crap.

you said losing to floyd is a disaster. no it's not.

fighting floyd whether he wins or lose is not a disaster. it's big money and profit.

40-60 will probably is 80mil for pac. that's about 4 fights for him.

so it doesn't matter if he losses to floyd and his income after drops.

20 x 4 avg fight = 80

80 x 1 floyd fight = 80

anything he gets for the next 3 fights is gravy.

and i'm done on this topic.

Comment

Floyd wont fight Pac...
              Floyd is TBE (Two Balls Extracted)

Comment

Pac will never get 40%, ever. Giving him 30% + 30% of the PPV is too generous. I am sure they will jump on this and be happy.

Comment

yeah you're all over the place .

losing to floyd is a disaster and what if he doesn't get a floyd fight.

stick to one issue. you can argue with other ppl all the other crap.

you said losing to floyd is a disaster. no it's not.

fighting floyd whether he wins or lose is not a disaster. it's big money and profit.

40-60 will probably is 80mil for pac. that's about 4 fights for him.

so it doesn't matter if he losses to floyd and his income after drops.

20 x 4 avg fight = 80

80 x 1 floyd fight = 80

anything he gets for the next 3 fights is gravy.

and i'm done on this topic.
                  Pac fans always make an excuse....you're so sure pac will land the floyd fight...what if he doesn't doe, what are you going to say then??? "arum knows how to make money, and pac has to keep fighting in house fights in china"??? cmon man this is a debate, and you obviously can't hang with the topics on why i first stated it would be a disaster to pac and arum if he got humiliated by floyd... keep pretending you know the numbers when you cant prove me wrong...

Comment

people want to keep thinking pac will be ok after an humiliating defeat by the hands of floyd mayweather, if they ever stepped in the ring together, but that is absolutely false, no matter what pac is worth now days... he loses and his drawing power goes down the drain, everyone knows this and its obvious because of the low ppv buys he is generating now...

Most of the pacquaio fans on here that don't give a fuk about ppv numbers are the same people who steal by streaming his ppv's for free.. truth of the matter is who the fuk is going to actually pay to see pac fight the jesse vargas' of the world??? Not me and not most of the die hard pac fans who stream because they have no money or are cheap skates... pac should just stay away from floyd and save himself the embarrasment that may follow, because some of his fans will think he will be fine anyway...its not worth the risk <-<-, and this,<- will always be gravy to his fans..
                    Last edited by LouIE G; 12-13-2014, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Can anyone with half a brain, Call the Bradley fight a loss???? That was the biggest BS I have ever seen , and I'm still wait for my refund for that PPV!! If May was to be honest with himself the fans, he wouldn't even mention the Bradley fight and if he does he should tell it how It's is.. That's the truth... He needs to man up.. Secondly if May wanted the fight years ago that fight would have happened
                      Period... I think it's an insult TBH to suggest anything other.. To blame Arum , And although I think this guy is a weezle because of the Bradley fight, is Bollox.
                      May wants everything his own way and Arum works for Manny wants what's best for his fighter..

Comment

Working...
                      X