Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 HW RJJ v David Haye - Who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    You mad???? Haye would starch Roy, destroy him in 4 or 5. Roys chin couldnt take Tarver but he's gon take Haye, who has great speed at the weight too. LOOOOOOL
    Well if you wanna play that game, Haye got put on queer street by former super middleweight Lolenga Mock.

Originally posted by valero View Post
    Haye is one of the hardest hitting cruiserweights of all time.

RJJ is one of the most athletic super middleweights/ light heavyweights of all time.

Haye is more comfortable at HW than Roy. MUCH more comfortable.

The problem for Roy is that he will pose no threat to Haye. But Haye is a serious threat to Roy. Haye can take Roy's punches and stalk him all night. Roy has to be constantly moving, and he can.. but Haye can put out his lights with ONE punch. Roy never fought anyone with that power, and it's hard to believe he could evade Haye for 12 rounds.

Haye would need a few rounds to warm up. Then he would start landing more and having more success trapping Roy in the corner. Haye by KO in the mid rounds.
    I wouldn't be so sure, Jones stunned Ruiz with a big right hand. Haye never fought somebody as quick as Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Well if you wanna play that game, Haye got put on queer street by former super middleweight Lolenga Mock.

I wouldn't be so sure, Jones stunned Ruiz with a big right hand. Haye never fought somebody as quick as Roy.
      Another thing to consider, is the pace of the fight. Haye seems to enjoy fighting at his own pace where he controls his opponent, toys with them and takes some fights longer than they should. Against bigger, aggressive, or skilled opponents, he seems to struggle to impose himself a bit at times and can be a bit subdued. If Roy could push the pace with a high work rate but survive for the first 5 or 6 rounds, I think that would set him into position to win a decision.

Comment

I would favor Haye, Roy never faced someone like that and he would not have these clear athletic advantages as Haye is a bigger very hard hitting and quick 210-215lb fighter. He would blast Roy out in about 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I would favor Haye, Roy never faced someone like that and he would not have these clear athletic advantages as Haye is a bigger very hard hitting and quick 210-215lb fighter. He would blast Roy out in about 5 or 6.
          That's pretty much the agreed window of winning opportunity for Haye in this matchup, if Roy survives that he wins the UD most probably. I guess the fan predictions are just gonna be sided either left or right of that mid point - Haye stoppage before 6, Roy UD after 6.

Comment

I don't know where people are pulling this 5-6 rds thing from. Haye rocked both Valuev and Wlad in the 12th rd, he's dangerous the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
              That's pretty much the agreed window of winning opportunity for Haye in this matchup, if Roy survives that he wins the UD most probably. I guess the fan predictions are just gonna be sided either left or right of that mid point - Haye stoppage before 6, Roy UD after 6.
              Haye is very selective of his punches unless he is pressured, no way would he gas against Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I don't know where people are pulling this 5-6 rds thing from. Haye rocked both Valuev and Wlad in the 12th rd, he's dangerous the whole fight.
                This is the thing, he is dangerous at any time with 1 shot but he seems to fight at his own pace at times and is uncomfortable when its being taken to him, which often sees him lose rounds when he is in with his best competition. I dunno, I personally think we can't judge a potential fight with Roy in terms of stamina the same way, I see it being a much faster pace. Hard to definitively say anything though...

Comment

This is the thing, he is dangerous at any time with 1 shot but he seems to fight at his own pace at times and is uncomfortable when its being taken to him, which often sees him lose rounds when he is in with his best competition. I dunno, I personally think we can't judge a potential fight with Roy in terms of stamina the same way, I see it being a much faster pace. Hard to definitively say anything though...
                  You think Jones would take it to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                    You think Jones would take it to him?
                    I don't know, Ruiz is not Haye so I don't know how Jones would approach a fight at HW with someone with Haye's attributes. I just see it being a high paced fight where Haye would be MOST dangerous in the first 6 rounds, if it went full 12 that's the only way i'd see Jones winning.

Comment

Roy doesn't fight at a high pace either. This would be a contest of speed and reflexes in the center of the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X