Comments Thread For: The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Circus is Back in Town

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
    no one??????????????????????????????

floyd just won a belt at 154 how about trout who possess enough talent to make it competitive..

or canelo the other champion at 154 besides trout who possess good tools and can make it competitive?

alexander is a joke, should have 3 losses and fights fleeing and running away..

id rather see mayweather vs ortiz 2 for unfinished business than alexander the dull

the ghost is also an intriguing fight......

intrigue sells, not dull and boring alexanders
    Dont you just love how pac fans want floyd to fight mw and up. But never pine for pac to fight anyone that can beat him except for jmm. Pac won sergios jmw strap fighting a none jmw. Neither one of them ever fought at that wt so how do they get a title shot. Pac hacks never wanted him to fight a real jmw because they knew he would get ktfo. But they know floyd is the real deal and always want him to go higher in wt. Next they will want him to fight johnathan banks

Comment

he isn't fighting Devon Alexander. oh Floyd, you narcissistic clown. when you gonna announce the Guerrero fight bro, on your birthday later this month?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        I'm mainly criticizing the writer's adoring drivel. At the same time I'm sayingthat mayweather does not deserve all this slavish adoration. What has he really done to deserve it? Many fighters have done the same, without nearly as much care in selecting opponents with decisive weaknesses.

It seems to me that his ring and public persona are the same, noticeably deep complexes, which have become more moticeable, and grossly ignorant narcissic behaviour. Of course that it what he is, and I couldn't care less. If you and others want to lick his boots, after all who is merely a common purveyor of human "dog-fights" for the edification of the ignorant suckers, you don't need my permission. My attitude is that we should "call a spade a spade" and not a solid platinum musical be-jewelled sceptre.

Believe me, I would know if his presentation of himself was a pose. Of course there is some schtik, but the older he gets, the more it merged into his real persona, so in the past 6-7 years we have been getting "Mayweather live".

Since you brought up Hogan, it always seemed to me that his ring persona was deliberately vile, as no person except a raving lunatic could behave the way he did, and anyway it seemed fake, but in other setting he showed himself to be a normal sort of person. I don't chase after these people, but I once knew someone who met him at a party
        who said he was just an ordinary guy but supersize. From close-up his whiskers and bleached hair were just funny. (like Buddy Rogers walking in the street with his famous "swagger and Merlin with his cape)

Thank you for the good wishes re house, haven't finalised it yet but expect a bargain.
        The hulk illustration proves my point. Your friend saw him at a party where there were too many people for him to show what a bumper crop of crap he is. I saw him at the athenium hotel in detroit. He was with a dancer from bts. He was able to be himself. As for floyd i know for a fact that floyd does a lot of charity work that he never mentions. He feels if he accepted credit for his charitable contributions then its not from the heart. There were a few times when his team had him show some of his work. But the majority of his work goes unreported. Floyed learned that playing the "heel" earns him fans that want to see him win and fans that hate him and want to see him lose. All makes floyds pay day.

Comment

I'm mainly criticizing the writer's adoring drivel. At the same time I'm sayingthat mayweather does not deserve all this slavish adoration. What has he really done to deserve it? Many fighters have done the same, without nearly as much care in selecting opponents with decisive weaknesses.

It seems to me that his ring and public persona are the same, noticeably deep complexes, which have become more moticeable, and grossly ignorant narcissic behaviour. Of course that it what he is, and I couldn't care less. If you and others want to lick his boots, after all who is merely a common purveyor of human "dog-fights" for the edification of the ignorant suckers, you don't need my permission. My attitude is that we should "call a spade a spade" and not a solid platinum musical be-jewelled sceptre.

Believe me, I would know if his presentation of himself was a pose. Of course there is some schtik, but the older he gets, the more it merged into his real persona, so in the past 6-7 years we have been getting "Mayweather live".

Since you brought up Hogan, it always seemed to me that his ring persona was deliberately vile, as no person except a raving lunatic could behave the way he did, and anyway it seemed fake, but in other setting he showed himself to be a normal sort of person. I don't chase after these people, but I once knew someone who met him at a party
          who said he was just an ordinary guy but supersize. From close-up his whiskers and bleached hair were just funny. (like Buddy Rogers walking in the street with his famous "swagger and Merlin with his cape)

Thank you for the good wishes re house, haven't finalised it yet but expect a bargain.
          The hulk illustration proves my point. Your friend saw him at a party where there were too many people for him to show what a bumper crop of crap he is. I saw him at the athenium hotel in detroit. He was with a dancer from bts. He was able to be himself. As for floyd i know for a fact that floyd does a lot of charity work that he never mentions. He feels if he accepted credit for his charitable contributions then its not from the heart. There were a few times when his team had him show some of his work. But the majority of his work goes unreported. Floyed learned that playing the "heel" earns him fans that want to see him win and fans that hate him and want to see him lose. All makes floyds pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
            Listen, everyone knows Junior hand picks the easiest route to the bank as possible... just like Roy Jones Jr did his entire career. Mayweather never had the ballz, or the Legend status as Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez Sr, Arguello, even Dela Hoya & Mosley. Those guys are legends not because they hand picked their career to an "undefeated record". They are the Legends of Boxing, because money aside, they had the ballz, the character, the pride, to fight the Best of the Best, Multiple Times, In Their Primes, Win, Lose, or Draw... let the money take care of itself. The money was always important to a degree, but it was secondary, to being the best of the best, and leaving that rich legacy in Boxing. Not Junior Mayweather, he rolls out of jail, has a private plane waiting for him with $2m in cash on board, waiting to fly to Atlanta, then carry $50K in cash into an all nighter Strip Club. When the money runs low or out, go find the easiest, least risk fighter, for yet another payday. His controversy and loud mouth sells tickets; it's not his ability to fight and beat the best, in their prime. He made Mosley & Cotto wait more than 10 years until they were well past their prime. He's made Pacquiao wait more than 4 years, and still with won't fight Manny for him being too dangerous. Seriously, does Junior Mayweather think fighting Devon Alexander brings him a bigger payday than fighting Pacqwhoresuioa???? Junior won't fight Canelo, and don't EVER believe he will. Hell, he wouldn't even fight Sergio Martinez. He won't even fight Guerrero now, because Guerrero talked trash, call Junior out, and Junior is beginning to think, Guerrero may be just a bit too crazy for him. So he opts for Devon Alexander, who was afraid to throw punches against Tim Bradley; how do you think he'll handle the big spot light on him against Junior Mayweather???? Junior Mayweather is a disgusting example of a boxing champion, and as a person. His story won't end well, in the ring and out.
            Whores like you who dont care about facts get on my nerves. You keep posting about floyd and his private jet STFU. Shane and oscar ducked floyed.shane live on hbo. Cotto fought floyd right after he dumped arum. The reason there was no floyd v pac fight is the same reason there is no donair v mares fight. Gbp showed the contract for 3 million while arum only offered 700k. Arum has said if floyd let me promote the fight it could be made the next day. It shows who is holding up the fight. But morons like you sont care about facts.

Comment

REALLY??? I'da never a thunk it.

You obviously have not read your article before sending it to be published. It is so over-lavish (if there is such a word) in its dripping praise that it would be like a derisive or contemptuous sarcasm, except that you never descend to such descriptions.
              Yeah, not really.

But keep reading.

Comment

Working...
              X