Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate movies where you have to make up your own ending.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    Good call.
    My only hope is that the big Lebowski kills me before the Germans can cut my d*ck off.

Comment

I never actually thought of what the ending should have been. But, I at least believe it should have had an actual ending. "An old man comes to realise that he has no place in the world where nothing is valued and nothing is guaranteed." Sorry, but that is a message that did not need to be sent and keeps the movie from being the four star "masterpiece" folks like to pretend it is.

For the record, "Fargo" is the Coen Bros' masterpiece.
      Without that message the movie is completely different though

Comment

Worse than the true doghsit of an ending that this movie had are the egghead pseudo-intellectuals who claim they thought it (the ending) was great.
        What cause you can wrap your head around the ending or just don't like it no one else can?

Basically all this tells me is you wanted it to end with more shooting, sorry bro you actually have to think and pay attention for some movies rather than watch a 2.5 hour firefight.

Read a ****ing book

Comment

fargo was the coen's masterpiece. . .

never gets old. i find something i missed everytime i watch it again. hbo cycles it in every few months it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            What cause you can wrap your head around the ending or just don't like it no one else can?

Basically all this tells me is you wanted it to end with more shooting, sorry bro you actually have to think and pay attention for some movies rather than watch a 2.5 hour firefight.

Read a ****ing book
            I concur.

If you want a film that ends with more shooting then go see 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Comment

Watch The Grey and let the credits roll.

Comment

i agree i hate the ending to the sopranos...havent seen the grey yet but i will def let the credits roll now..lol...tdkr not so much...

also can someone answer a posters question on page 1...wat the f*k was the point in vanilla sky? LOL..i have no idea now that i think about it....

Comment

Originally posted by Chinaski View Post
                  i dont like the ending of the grey
                  i was almost about to cry honestly, still a great movie

Comment

Once more into the fray.
                    Into the LAST GOOD fight I'll ever know.
                    Live and die on this day.
                    Live and die on this day

That is badass....

Comment

this sort of orientation is what's ruining movies.
                      you don't "need to make up an ending." the movie is left as it is.

the average moviegoer isn't asked to use his imagination. they want it all spelled out for them, and they get it. that's why you see such a focus on "effects," etc. people don't want to use their imaginations because it's more difficult.

movies should be about the stories, themes, and characters. a great movie will find a way to talk to YOU, in a language that only you can understand.

to appreciate a movie of substance you've got to be substantial yourself.

you want to hang out in the deep end of the pool? you'd better know how to swim.
                      Last edited by New England; 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X