Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd "really injured"? Or trying to sell more tickets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
    For the sake of boxing...there better be a medical report confirming this "injury" considering how Floyd has been portraying himself as of late....otherwise...his "draw ability" could be shot to hell....
    Do you think HBO, Golden Boy, the sponsors would allow him to just walk away with no proof.

What is more likely that Floyd is human and got injured (it is something that happeanes you know) or that there is some large conspriracy because the fight would not sell well.

It could be a little of both also, he is injured but he could come back before that but they are just deciding to move it to a better date.

The only way to recover from any rib injury is rest with no real physical activity. So even if the only has to take off 2 weeks that is 2 weeks no training (to me that would be a really short recovery and he would be risking reinjury) so Floyd would want a full training camp most likely (6 weeks) under that scenario. If they have to wait that long (8 weeks total) why not jsut wait until September and play it safe with the injury.

Believe whatever you want, but the most likely conclusion is that Floyd is really injured.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Nobody can comment on Mayweathers injury. Nobody is qualified or knows anything about Mayweathers injury!

People saying he is now scared or whatever other crap i've been reading, the fact is this fight will happen in August or September so get used to it- Floyd is back to rule the sport, even if it is a little delayed

Comment

For everybody saying that ticket sales were going bad can you please give us a source other then fighthype???

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
          I feel you larry, I really do. But I will not be like everyone else on here and jump to conclusions and automatically assume something because the majority is. As I said, with an injury situation, I PERSONALLY need more information. Is that fair?
          Exactly the same as me... not saying its real or fake, but no need to jump to conclusions, Floyd is human he is able to gain injuries. About Mexican day, maybe it is the situation that he is injured and can't fight on that day... and they have fought if they have to reschedule it they might as well have it on that Mexican day thing to draw more attention to it. You might as well make the best out of a bad situation, if he has an injury... they might have thought fuck it we will put it back to then where Mexican's can watch there number 1 fighter on there parade day thing (sorry don't know anything about this holiday).

I aint excusing what they said, they have a good point and could be onto something and could be right... but there is no need to jump to conclusions as if the guy isn't even allowed or able to gain an injury. All I am saying is people should wait a bit to get a bit more information instead if jumping to conclusions... as you said... if it was for ticket sales, then we could call Floyd out on it... as fans (not stans).

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Do you think HBO, Golden Boy, the sponsors would allow him to just walk away with no proof.

What is more likely that Floyd is human and got injured (it is something that happeanes you know) or that there is some large conspriracy because the fight would not sell well.

It could be a little of both also, he is injured but he could come back before that but they are just deciding to move it to a better date.

The only way to recover from any rib injury is rest with no real physical activity. So even if the only has to take off 2 weeks that is 2 weeks no training (to me that would be a really short recovery and he would be risking reinjury) so Floyd would want a full training camp most likely (6 weeks) under that scenario. If they have to wait that long (8 weeks total) why not jsut wait until September and play it safe with the injury.

Believe whatever you want, but the most likely conclusion is that Floyd is really injured.
            I give Floyd the benefit of the doubt regarding his injury....I mean...during this time...about 1 month away from fight night....it gets real intense during camp...isn't this usually the time that you go at it 110% against sparring partners and conditioning? So I am going with the "minority" of fans and say give Floyd time to recover. BUT........if down the road something comes up...."Doctor's say Mayweather was medically cleared for original date"...or something like that...it could really come back to bite Floyd in the @$$....
            Purpose of this thread was to get everyone's opinion on what I've been reading EVERYWHERE.....not to HATE or add fuel to the fire....

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
              I give Floyd the benefit of the doubt regarding his injury....I mean...during this time...about 1 month away from fight night....it gets real intense during camp...isn't this usually the time that you go at it 110% against sparring partners and conditioning? So I am going with the "minority" of fans and say give Floyd time to recover. BUT........if down the road something comes up...."Doctor's say Mayweather was medically cleared for original date"...or something like that...it could really come back to bite Floyd in the @$$....
              Purpose of this thread was to get everyone's opinion on what I've been reading EVERYWHERE.....not to HATE or add fuel to the fire....
              That is was I respect, if something comes up saying that it will bite him in the ass, and it will be more obvious he did it to bring more attention to the fight... but until that happens we don't know.

I don't if it happened in sparring or normal training (most likely sparring)... all I read though is it happened in the training camp and he tried to work through it but it was way to painful to go through it...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I don't think it is broke ribs in that sence, but pulling the catilidge off the bone (going from what Schaeffer has said) that would most likely would not be cause in sparing but by over streaching the cartilidge (this would be an example that Floyd is not a young man any more, he tried to do somethign his body used to do and his body would just not allow it anymore).
                damn that sux for floyd. I guess he shouldn't have taken that "vacation".

Comment

"Sources tell Maxboxing that no more than 3,000 tickets were sold, and ticket brokers weren't exactly rushing to put in orders. It's difficult to have a secondary market when there isn't much of a demand for the event to begin with. Not only was this fight seen as a physical mismatch in many circles, the tickets (which ranged from $1,000 to $150) seemed a bit pricey, particularly in this current economy." - Steve Kim, Maxboxing

Comment

Working...
                  X