Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Adonis Stevenson wash out the super middleweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Adonis Stevenson wash out the super middleweight division?

How good is this dude? He's 35 years old 19 wins 16 KO's 4th ranked SMW. Emanuel Steward (R.I.P) spoke very highly of him.

However he was KO'd by a boxer named Darnell Boone two years ago. (The same dude who had Andre Ward down once back in 2005.) Was that just an off night?

Would you say he has a good shot to beat the best out there Ward Froch Kessler...etc. Was Steward just hyping up one of his students or did he really believe Adonis could wash out the super middleweight division in the near future??

An article from Feb 2012

"Emmanuel Steward believes that Stevenson will wash out the super middleweight division. “I am very very impressed by Stevenson,” said Steward. “He is perfectly balanced in the ring, he has a long reach, his punches are accurate, and he is certainly one of the most powerful punchers in the world,” said Steward. “ I know when I have a special fighter in my gym, and he is. As you know, I worked with several stars in boxing, including Tommy Hearns, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Aaron Pryor, Julio Cesar Chavez and Jermain Taylor. I will be more than surprised if somebody beats Adonis this year and next year. I really think he will wash out the super middleweight division.”

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    How good is this dude? He's 35 years old 19 wins 16 KO's 4th ranked SMW. Emanuel Steward (R.I.P) spoke very highly of him.

However he was KO'd by a boxer named Darnell Boone two years ago. (The same dude who had Andre Ward down once back in 2005.) Was that just an off night?

Would you say he has a good shot to beat the best out there Ward Froch Kessler...etc. Was Steward just hyping up one of his students or did he really believe Adonis could wash out the super middleweight division in the near future??

An article from Feb 2012
    He's ok, but not the fighter guys have made him out to be, he's strong and athletic. I could see him beating a few of the top 10 but make no mistake, the guy would get smoked by Froch or Ward. Not that that's anything to be ashamed of, as their great fighters. I'd like to see him fight George Groves or Tommy Oosthuizen.

Comment

Adonis would wash out before that happens......

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Froch, it would be entertaining. I think Stevenson will have a short but exciting career at the top.

Comment

35?

He needs to get a move on for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I'd like to see him fight Froch, it would be entertaining. I think Stevenson will have a short but exciting career at the top.
            Yeah I would like to see him against Froch or any other top fighter just to see what he's made of. He's a big puncher and we all love watching big punchers.

Comment

I haven't seen him fight but losing to Boone is embarrassing, you don't get KO'd by someone like that if you're a top fighter.

I understand Ward was dropped and badly hurt by him but I give Ward a pass because he was still very young and inexperienced, many fighters get dropped early in their careers some get KO'd. Stevenson got KO'd just 2 years ago at age 33.

Comment

Lot of power, against okay competition. Let's see how it holds up against Froch, who he is the mandatory for. I don't think he's that caliber of fighter.

Comment

Let's bump this old thread.

Back in 2012 not everyone knew anything about Adonis. Today every boxing fan got an opinion of him....so once again will Adonis wash out the Super Middleweght division?????????

Comment

He's a solid champion. He will beat Hopkins and Shumenov, I don't know about Sergery The Racist Russian Kovalev. He's a top fighter in his reletively weak division.

Comment

Working...
                    X