Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN moves Manny Pacquiao to number 4 on the P4P list!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Pac is no1 as the only person to give him a close fight in 7 years is JMM. What i hear you say Bradley gave him a close fight? Er no actually he didnt, daylight robbing Pac and being given a gift decsion hardly means a close and competitive fight. Bradley said he had to take the fight to win, which he didnt, which means by his own admission means there is no way on gods earth he could have won that fight, cos taking the fight to Pac certainly isnt what he did.

Floyd beating Cott who wasnt p4p top 10, SSM who was considered top 10 at the time but wasnt cos hindsight tells us that, and sucka punching Ortiz doesnt qualify for being top p4p fighter material. What have you done lately people have the cheek to ask Pac, more like what has Floyd done lately and more accurately not that lately as well considering he hasnt fought for 5 years.?
    Its either actual results or "who do we think won". whichever standard you use Manny still loses because the majority of people think he beat Tim but lost to JMM (even though its a smaller majority its still a majority) and the official results are he beat JMM and lost to tim. Either way Manny is 1-1 in his last fights against the 2 fighters generally regarded as 5-10 p4p fighters in the world.

To move him down to 4, given the FACTS, is a very fair assesment.

Comment

• I AGREE WITH THE NEW LIST. You can't keep a guy who lost his last fights as #1, ridiCULO.

Comment

• lol @ Boxrec having Manny at #6...dude, is becoming irrelevant. Marquez is gonna beat him.
        Last edited by p4p-champ; 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          1. Ward
          2. Mayweather
          3. Martinez

If Donaire is victorious against Nishioka he moves into my #4, and winner of Mares-Moreno moves into my 6. It's hard to rate Manny when his last notable win was against Clottey which was in 2010.
          How about p4p Bradley?

You realize Mares' second divisional belt came at a catchweight, against a guy waaay less threatening than Marg?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
            Yep cause Manny fought Oscar and Cotto at 154..............ooops thats right he didnt did he??Oscar(did it to himself)came down to fight manny..and cotto was forced into a catchweight and manny to this day still refuses to fight him without a catchweight
            What do you mean? Pac will happily fight him at 147, is that a catchweight? Compare Ward Dawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
              lol @ Boxrec having Manny at #6...dude, is becoming irrelevant. Marquez is gonna beat him.
              Quoting boxrec ratings is for laughs only:

#2 Wlad
              #4 Vitali
              #8 Canelo
              #13 K9
              #24 Pulev
              Donaire not in top 25

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Its either actual results or "who do we think won". whichever standard you use Manny still loses because the majority of people think he beat Tim but lost to JMM (even though its a smaller majority its still a majority) and the official results are he beat JMM and lost to tim. Either way Manny is 1-1 in his last fights against the 2 fighters generally regarded as 5-10 p4p fighters in the world.

To move him down to 4, given the FACTS, is a very fair assesment.
                Obviously there's a difference between a close fight and a blowout.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma...imothy_Bradley

Among the experts above, 120 scored the bout for Pacquiao, 1 scored the bout a draw, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
                Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
                Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Quoting boxrec ratings is for laughs only:

#2 Wlad
                  #4 Vitali
                  #8 Canelo
                  #13 K9
                  #24 Pulev
                  Donaire not in top 25
                  yeah, I know. At worst I'd put Manny at #5, at #6, you're just hating; and I'm not even fond of the guy.

But, Boxrec or not, the general consensus is that he has appropriately dropped down a few slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                    yeah, I know. At worst I'd put Manny at #5, at #6, you're just hating; and I'm not even fond of the guy.

But, Boxrec or not, the general consensus is that he has appropriately dropped down a few slots.
                    It's funny it took a universally acknowledged robbery for them to move him down. If the judges had done their job, it would have been the best p4p win anyone has had this year

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      What do you mean? Pac will happily fight him at 147, is that a catchweight? Compare Ward Dawson.
                      why not fight him at 154....you know where he held the wbc title at?

Comment

Working...
                      X