Who can beat Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can beat Jones?

Honest question...

I'm not a particularly avid MMA fan, but I've been on the Jones wagon for a while and I'm glad he's actually doing it

Basically I just want to know if there's anyone in his weigh class that I should be nervous about as a fan of his.

And I'm not asking for guys that can get lucky and land a lucky shot, I'm talking about guys that r actually able to get in his grill and can actually skillfully work their way in and get a KO, or beat him by decision, or wutever...

Let me know guys...

Thanks

I think the majority of people would agree that Evans and Machida have the best chances, and that Phil Davis is a possibility down the line.

Evans is very well rounded, has explosive and powerful strikes, great wrestling and good sub grappling.

Machida is very very strange stylistically, not giving up a huge size difference, very fast and sneaky, with really, really good takedown defence.

Jones is the favourite over both, though.

Comment

i really like jones, but i think it'd be naive for me to suggest that he doesnt have some growing/maturing/learning yet to do

hes top tier already but if he keeps working as hard as he does and stays as hungry as he does he CAN be ATG

this is a crucial point in his career to see how he handles it, so far im loving what i see though

Comment

The only way we'll see Jones get decisively beat is if he moves up to the HW division. The boy is good.

Comment

205 cain velasquez

Comment

heavyweights. with his build i think he will gas out and get stopped via strikes when he's a HW.
            he's as talented as anybody in any fight sport right now.
            that is THE build for fighting. bones before muscles. rigidity and leverage of your bones is what does the damage in your strikes, not muscles.

he's too big at 205. until he outgrows the weight limit (he's got to be cutting weight to get to 205. i'd love to see a fight night weight. i'm guessing he's about 225 at least on fight night)

evans and machida?

what are they going to do with that?

Comment

A lucky punch, honestly.

Comment

Nobody below 205 can beat him.. he fights too smart.. he using every bit of his reach advantage..

Comment

Evans and Machida.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    Evans and Machida.
                    All your points on Evans

Comment

Working...
                    X