No announcement yet.

Amir Khan "My Speed will beat Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan "My Speed will beat Mayweather"

Not sure if this interview was posted before.

Here's some paraphrased things Khan says:

"Yes, Mayweather is one of the best boxers today and no one has a better defense"

"Everyone tries to pressure Mayweather, but my speed is the key to beating him"

"I'm the fastest boxer in the world of boxing"

"Boxing saved me from getting in to trouble and stopped me fighting on the streets"

Listen out for the factual error about Mayweather by the interviewer when Khan says he doesn't drink alcohol at around 9mins in.

SMH this guy is a moron...

He would get destroyed on the streets of philly or Ohio

Look at his little small head and feminine face....

Dude can't take a punch...Danny made his soft ass dance like a pony....

Comment

Yes khan, I believe u can run faster than floyd now stfu!

Comment

are you being sarcastic khan?
        your speed couldnt beat garcia, so i dont get the validity in what your trying to say. you think youd fair better against the best defense in boxing? wow, you truly are a moron khan, use your fkn brain my dude

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItImpartial View Post
          SMH this guy is a moron...

He would get destroyed on the streets of philly or Ohio

Look at his little small head and feminine face....

Dude can't take a punch...Danny made his soft ass dance like a pony....
          look at this alt trolling again. lol

"He would get destroyed on the streets of philly or Ohio"

Good thing he's a boxer though isn't it?

Comment

Actually this is a case where the axiom "styles make fights" is perhaps....relevant. Mayweather would not necessarily be able to KO Kahn. Mayweather also would not pressure Kahn so much, nor physically overwhelm him.

Kahn could potshot Floyd with reach and speed. When great physical ability meets skill a lot can happen: For example when Jones fought Toney Jones used his raw attributes to overwhelm Toney's boxing skill.

Kahn's speed is indeed substantial. It even gave Judah problems and Judah is also very fast.....Speaking of Zab he managed to give Mayweather some problems due to his freakish speed.

I think If Kahn boxes, uses a jab and moves a lot....never setting his feet Floyd would at least initially, have problems with countering his speed.

I have noticed that the shoulder roll used by fighters like toney and floyd is a great system but has a weakness countering a fast jab. This is because when the shoulder is turned the most natural counter is to throw the cross with the back hand. This movement is too slow to catch a really fast, or straight jab, especially against a southpaw....with a southpaw you actually have to counter over the jab arm. Isn't Kahn a southpaw?

I think the fight would be interesting at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
              are you being sarcastic khan?
              your speed couldnt beat garcia, so i dont get the validity in what your trying to say. you think youd fair better against the best defense in boxing? wow, you truly are a moron khan, use your fkn brain my dude
              Thats also not entirely true. Kahn was doing fine with his speed against Garcia. he decided to slug it out against a slugger.

I should disclose the fact that I am not a fan of Kahn's!

Comment

Speed alone isn't enough. Because that's all you have and that's virtually gone by round 5.

Comment

If Kahn fought in the streets he would get killed, a simple tap on his chin would ko him..

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Actually this is a case where the axiom "styles make fights" is perhaps....relevant. Mayweather would not necessarily be able to KO Kahn. Mayweather also would not pressure Kahn so much, nor physically overwhelm him.

Kahn could potshot Floyd with reach and speed. When great physical ability meets skill a lot can happen: For example when Jones fought Toney Jones used his raw attributes to overwhelm Toney's boxing skill.

Kahn's speed is indeed substantial. It even gave Judah problems and Judah is also very fast.....Speaking of Zab he managed to give Mayweather some problems due to his freakish speed.

I think If Kahn boxes, uses a jab and moves a lot....never setting his feet Floyd would at least initially, have problems with countering his speed.

I have noticed that the shoulder roll used by fighters like toney and floyd is a great system but has a weakness countering a fast jab. This is because when the shoulder is turned the most natural counter is to throw the cross with the back hand. This movement is too slow to catch a really fast, or straight jab, especially against a southpaw....with a southpaw you actually have to counter over the jab arm. Isn't Kahn a southpaw?

I think the fight would be interesting at the least.
                    Comapring Khan vs May to RJJ vs Toney is idiotic. RJJ had out of this world GOD given speed, footwork, power, stamina, and feakish attributes. Judah defense always sucked, and also Judah "SOUTHPAW" is a better technical boxer with good balance and reflexes than Khan. That is what let Judah make the fight close with Matty , give Garcia problems and make Mayweather adjust . Kahn beat Judah becuase of Judah's bad defense, plus Khan had the reach over Judah. Which he doesn't when it comes to fighting May, NO Kahn is not a southpaw he's an orthodox fighter. Khan has nothing but speed, and his speed isn't even the best @ 140-147. He doesn't know how to use his speed to set up his offense. His footwork sucks as well as his balance. Khan was getting physically bullied by Peterson, Diaz, Maidana, & Garcia. To think May wouldn't bully Khan is crazy when almost all fighters May has fought has said he is physically stronger than he looks. You know something why bother explaining when the evidence is on video in all of Khan's fights.
                    Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 10-16-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X