Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    so?

let's be smart about this
    You do realise you are posting on boxing scene?

Comment

Bob secured this date as early as April as when we were there for Rios Abril they were talking about 9/15 being a possible Chavez date
      There was no way of knowing back then that Bob "Chief Marinator" Arum would actually make the fight against Sergio.

Hell, even right now I won't believe it until I see Chavez Jr. set foot in the ring.

Comment

Lol GBP is cheating the boxing fans on this one tryna keep us from watching a great ppv of chavez jr vs martinez

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
          GBP blew it on this....
          how is that? chavez jr aint **** compared to canelo. the only reason this fight is good is because sergio is involved. any other fighter and top stank would be in the trash can. chavez jr is the worse champion in mexican boxing history.

Comment

While Arum is probably bull****ting that he knows for sure that the MGM is upset for said reasons, it probably isn't far from the truth. I doubt the high rollers are begging to get tickets to a Canelo/Josesito fight when Chavez-Martinez is on the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
              how is that? chavez jr aint **** compared to canelo. the only reason this fight is good is because sergio is involved. any other fighter and top stank would be in the trash can. chavez jr is the worse champion in mexican boxing history.
              It's not like Im a Chavez Jr find because Im not. In fact I think Chavez Jr. is a spoiled privileged C*ck Sucker but you have to admit that ever since he partnered up with Roach, he has been a beast. His last three fight have been very entertaining with respectable opponents.

Chavez Jr. vs Martinez is a real fight. As real as they come. Canelo is good but gets no respect for fighting a junior welterweight in Josesito. Who the **** is Josesito? I get that he broke Victor Oritz jar but Ortiz is a hype job.

Comment

IMO canelo fighting Lopez is not a good fight...Martinez vs Chavez is much better, The prob is that Lopez now has al haymon on his side and anyone who's knows boxing like that knows when u got that man on ur team u r bound to make some $$$...hence y Lopez got the PPV...they could have put cotto vs Alvarez at MSG on the same date an that would have killed top ranks PPV

Comment

As the business man that I am, I have to give Bob Arum props. Arum is an old school ruthless business man that takes no prisoners. Schaefer is talking about relationship and blah blah blah but at the end of the day, it's all about the bottom line. Arum may have pissed a lot of people off but his events are massive and everyone makes a **** load of money ant thats why they will always continue to do business with him.

Arum and Schaefer are from two different generations. Everytime Arum and Schaefer have beef, Arum gives a pretty good spin or explanation while Schaefer screams insults like a b*tch on the rag. Arum is gonna wipe the floor with GBP on this event. Schaefer just got owned.

Comment

idgaf at this point, I'm watching the better quality fight, which is easily Chavez-Martinez.

Comment

Bob secured this date as early as April as when we were there for Rios Abril they were talking about 9/15 being a possible Chavez date

please tell me that you scored rios - abril for rios.

edit :
                      i should note that i respect you greatly and love your radio show and i'm only poking fun

best boxing program out there. leave it in the ring is damn good too, but montoya talking about himself and behaving unprofessionally and like a child rubs me the wrong way, and that's honestly about 25% of their programming these days.
                      Last edited by New England; 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X