Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Eyes 6/16 Bout: Talks DWI, Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chavez is garbage. he looked like it fighting a air fisted tomato can and will continue to fight that way.roach is too soft of a trainer and jr needs a reality check. there is no way he shouldve been drinking and driving while camp is going on for a fight.he's already a terrible champion and next will wreck his life.

Comment

If he plans to return on 6/16, why doesnt Arum move his bout up one week and have him on the undercard to Pac/Bradley? Makes sense.

Comment

lets get real here for a second. lemieux outboxed rubio every round till he got his jaw broken. rubio is good but he is not god. chavez will lose when he fights martinez and he knows it

Comment

Chavez will fight Margarito and Sergio will end up fighting Andy Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            If he plans to return on 6/16, why doesnt Arum move his bout up one week and have him on the undercard to Pac/Bradley? Makes sense.
            Why would Arum put Julio on a Pacquiao undercard, when he just sold 13,000 tickets in San Antonio fighting Rubio and sold out Staples last year fighting Zbik.

He can make huge money on Julio headlining because of how big he is, no need to put him on an undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              This division needs a real shake up.

Pirog is holding that belt hostage in Russia and I sense he's happy with his set up even though he's talking retirement. Smoke & mirrors.

Martinez keeps looking for a money fight, but at least fights some semi challenges, but he too could do with a stand out fight, fight Pirog!

Felix Sturm is so damn good you just can't beat him. Ask Macklin.

Chavez Jr is just a paper champ and protected by everyone from the Tv companies, his promoters to the governing body.

They should get a super six style tourney and it would make great viewing if these guys all faced each other, but it's destined to not happen and for each man to keep his belt which b1tching they can't get a fight with the others.
              Sturm is also holding that belt hostage. Ask Macklin.

Comment

The world knows Jr. sucks beyond belief, but Martinez isn't that great either. Martinez will probably beat Jr. if they ever fight but Arum will see to it that they never meet. Someone tell me how the F!!@# Rubio was the number one contender to face Jr?

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  chavez is garbage. he looked like it fighting a air fisted tomato can and will continue to fight that way.roach is too soft of a trainer and jr needs a reality check. there is no way he shouldve been drinking and driving while camp is going on for a fight.he's already a terrible champion and next will wreck his life.
                  I was havingmy thoughts about Roach not being the right guy for Chavez Jr. Everytime his dad JCC Sr was running up to the corner shouting directions I just don't see Roach working that way. I saw the video of Robert Garcia moving passed Chavez Jr in the dressing room and I was thinking that may be a better fit for that team.....LEFTY

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  I think Arum is trying to package Chavez with Donaire not Pacquiao. I think Pac brings in enough money. Chavez has a good name and will bring in his own guap. He should fight Margarito next @ 160lbs. I know people are going to cry that Chavez is way too big for tony and that may be the case but I think Tony has had the size advantage enough in his career.

Comment

All the Chavez Jr HATERS are ass hurt rt now didnt yall say he was going to get stopped by Rubio??? Granted Jr was protected so what? like pacman isnt?/ its ok for this guy but not that guy?? SMH...pff whatEver! Chavez Jr has proven hes getting much better and hed assrape cotto,canelo,or margs at this point the way he fought lastnight no question aboUt that, Roach has done a magnificent job, suddenly Martinez vs Jr isnt looking bad at all thats a very winnable fight for him,he has the chin ,certainly a size advantage and weapons like an intese infighting and a viscous left hook to the body that would give Martinez who may I remind people is pusHing 40 and fights with his hands down ,a very serious challenge if not a loss.Martinez didnt look too great in his last fight. Anyone writing this kid off as a "bum" doesnt know their boxing or what they see when they see it,, pnd for pnd he aint but hes a legitamatley good fighter any fighter writing this kid off is doing so at their own peril including especially martinez

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      I think there would be enough guys to make it good. Martinez, Pirog, Sturm, Chavez, Geale, Golovkin and thats before you mention Quillin and some of the 154 guys that would probably jump at this like Lara, Kirkland, etc

I think the people are there, the problem is the financials. Pirog is getting rich fighting in Russia. Sturm is on the slide so probably doesn't want the challenge, but also making bank in Germany. Chavez is the cash cow but heavily protected and with Arum as his promoter you can be sure he will be fighting faded former stars.

Boxing has problems and its due to the economics that they guys pick and chose their fights and avoid fighting each other. They are all as guilty as each other, some are just better with the PR then others and getting us to believe their crap.
                      I totally agree with you Bro

Comment

Working...
                      X