Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year is the prime year of BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a young website. From 03-10 that's 8 years it is just in it's amateur years. When it gets to 10 years it'll become pro. It's going through a shaky amateur experience right now because it's fighting tough posters like Stone Roses and a few others.

Comment

What's even more funny is that you see old threads about posters complaining that boxingscene is not the same anymore.

It's like reading old 50s, 60s, 70's, 80's Ring Magazines that boxing is dying

Comment

Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
        This is a young website. From 03-10 that's 8 years it is just in it's amateur years. When it gets to 10 years it'll become pro. It's going through a shaky amateur experience right now because it's fighting tough posters like Stone Roses and a few others.
        without me this site will die....i'm the last white hope

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          2007 in the months leading up to Mayweather - Hatton, the banter around here at that time was hilarious.
          I agree. I didn't join until just before Hatton - Mayweather, but I still used to view the forums.

2008 was a decent year with Calzaghe - Hopkins and Pacquiao - De La Hoya. The talk was decent.

But 2009 was terrible. The site went to absolute ****, of which it hasn't recovered from. Moderation is needed. Single threads on one topic. Trolls need to be banned.

Comment

Let me get this straight. 2004 posters say 2004 was the best, 2005 posters say 2005 was the best, 2006 posters say 2006 was the best, 2007 posters say 2007 was the best, 2008 posters say 2008 was the best, 2009 posters say 2009 was the best best, 2010 posters will say 2010 is the best, 2011 posters will say 2011 is the best...fast forward...year 3000 posters will say that the best year for boxingscene is 3000.

We get the point, the best year was the one that YOU joined!

2008 was the best year

Posters like Mangler, Makavelli, Street Bully, mangler jr's(original account), Jack, and I were born.
            Last edited by -Spinal-; 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

05 was by far the best. All the top guys were winning & losing so much that everyone had favorites but there was no over the top type **** going on. Its like the board had more respect. You might not like a fighter but you werent going to go all tabloid type BS on him. Alot of the top guys were right around the point of being in there prime, just getting out, or just coming in. Alot of exciting fights and again, top guys were losing so the playing field was level and there wasnt much extreme fandom going on

Comment

Other 2008'ers: Samurai, Richie Kay, and several others.

Props to 07: Reed, Abos, Ether, El Dominicano and a lot of other cool posters.

In 05, All of them are good except for one. I forgot his name because he's not a PPV attraction.

Comment

Before the forum "upgraded" to this new layout

I don't remember the year. I think it was late '04 when it changed

Comment

Originally posted by 407BoriKua View Post
                    this sounds like some mj type **** lol
                    Thanks to you, i now read his posts with an MJ voice.

just kidding run w/ knives...

Comment

Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
                      Let me get this straight. 2004 posters say 2004 was the best, 2005 posters say 2005 was the best, 2006 posters say 2006 was the best, 2007 posters say 2007 was the best, 2008 posters say 2008 was the best, 2009 posters say 2009 was the best best, 2010 posters will say 2010 is the best, 2011 posters will say 2011 is the best...fast forward...year 3000 posters will say that the best year for boxingscene is 3000.

We get the point, the best year was the one that YOU joined!

2008 was the best year

Posters like Mangler, Makavelli, Street Bully, mangler jr's(original account), Jack, and I were born.
                      I'm not too sure about that, since i joined around 2009, yet i find it ****ty compared to 2008 when i was still lurking. 2009 had way too many threads that were redundant, and topics kept on beating a dead horse. It is kinda sad, since boxing itself actually rocked in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                      X