No announcement yet.

Only God Forgives (film) Amazing and brutal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Only God Forgives (film) Amazing and brutal

Watched it last night. Its quite extreme. Ryan Gosling once again plays a guy quiet loner with no expression and partial to sudden bursts of violence. The film reminded me of David Lynch movies for the way it looked and the use of sound, plus its slightly bizarre, heavy, oppressive atmosphere.
    Visually stunning. Makes you go "OUCH!" more than once. The torture scene is ****ing brutal.

Never heard but sheesh I might have to give this one a look see.

Comment

i'll add this one to my list of films to watch, sounds interesting

Comment

Yeah, the movie's been on my radar for a while now, can't wait to watch it. The director has a really good track record of films; Drive, Bronson, and Valhalla Rising. From the trailer alone I can get a David Lynch vibe. Heard there isn't much kickboxing going on, right Noose?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Yeah, the movie's been on my radar for a while now, can't wait to watch it. The director has a really good track record of films; Drive, Bronson, and Valhalla Rising. From the trailer alone I can get a David Lynch vibe. Heard there isn't much kickboxing going on, right Noose?
          Right. But at least the thai boxing u see is with real boxers. And there is a decent fight scene. But its mostly artsy intense great cinema and toe curling violence.

Comment

Would a girl enjoy it? I am going Vue on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Cvnt View Post
              Would a girl enjoy it? I am going Vue on Tuesday.
              No. I dont believe so. It starts with a very bloody prostitute murder followed by somone getting their head caved in.
              Then it gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                No. I dont believe so. It starts with a very bloody prostitute murder followed by somone getting their head caved in.
                Then it gets worse.
                Monster Inc it is then LOL.

I'll stream it now. I did enjoy Drive.

Comment

Looks good but I have absolutely no idea what it is about from the trailer lol

Comment

damn that looks so bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X