Mexican Media Is Killing Canelo, Had Cotto Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
    More proof

Mexican newspaper "La Prensa" with a headline that says "robbery en in vegas:Canelo new Champ"
    Just posted a translation of the "La Prensa" article on NSB main page. Check it out. It's brutal.

Comment

• is this the pourto rican parade thread or nah???

get over it,yall lost

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
        Its called boxing not street fighting idiot. Thats why your behind a computer trolling 24/7 and their in the actual ring fighting.
        Cotto stuck the jab all night in his face and was landing some nice straight rights. Cotto's defense isn't even talked about as he blocked and dodge a lot of Canelo's punches. I scored it 7-5 Canela too.
        Yeah he stuck the jab and straight whilst moving back, he didn't plant his feet because every time he did he knew Canelo would smash him with a shot that was 3 times harder than anything Cotto would throw.

Just face the facts that Cotto was running on the backfoot, circling the ring and doing nothing but trying to time waste or should we just say survive, perhaps If he showed as much commitment to winning the fight as he did with circling the ring and throwing no punches he might have won the fight.

Comment

• Cotto landed his jab well but couldn't really land anything else. He was getting beat in the exchanges and was getting countered when he threw the left hook.

Comment

• Holyfield and world media had Pacquiao winning over Mayweather, so who cares?

Comment

• cotto was fighting to survive in the later rounds...canelo was flat out toying with him in there. he had cotto looking silly at times. hitting nothing but air and countering with nasty uppercuts all night. showed the world cotto's recent wins were nothing more than perfect match making. still the same cotto as always. unable to beat elite fighters.

Comment

• I got Canelo by 2 rounds, the score cards were just outrageous! IMHO, Miguel did not do enough, you cant really win a fight with a jab and bouncing around.

Yes, great display of boxing by Miguel, his straight right was doing some good damage and I dont know why he stopped using it, and his left hook did not seem to be landing with authority. I felt like he was just working the mitts.

Congrats to Canelo, he did win the fight but honestly, the cards were a joke.

Comment

• The fight wasn't that close. Canelo pulled away. I had it 116-112

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    Which Mexican media is criticizing Canelo?

I'll admit that by all Boxing standards, Cotto outworked Canelo and most fighters would respect that.

This whole "significant punch" approach doesn't usually mean shit unless someone hits the canvas. Cotto outjabs and lands combinations, but apparently they don't matter because Canelo's one shot looked harder. This is not how Boxing is usually scored...
                    It does make a difference, this isn't the amateurs. This is professional boxing and hard punches count. Ask any judge, I have heard it a million times.

I thought Canelo was more effective, came forward much more and landed the clearer harder shots. If this was an amateur fight, maybe Cotto wins. It's not, it's professional prize fighting.

Comment

• I agree...

Originally posted by DLX View Post
                      The fight wasn't that close. Canelo pulled away. I had it 116-112

I had it 116-112 also.

Comment

Working...
                      X