No announcement yet.

Is Tim Bradley Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    That guy has HEART! His athleticism and heart carry him through some wild fights. The Provodnikov fight showed the his heart and the Marquez fight showed his skill. Pacquiao beat him in both fights in my opinion but he was competitive in the rematch.
    Yes his heart is amazing,he was out on his feet eyes rolling in the back of his head with Ruslan and still swinging

Comment

People thought he was the 3rd best boxer in the world. He was ridiculously overrated by both fans and respected media.

He's still a bit overrated now. You put up a list with of his "wins" - some were very controversial, one an outright robbery and none of his performances have been impressive or dominating to the point where you can say he's one of the best in the world.

Even his last fight, he struggled against Chaves who is bang average.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Yes his heart is amazing,he was out on his feet eyes rolling in the back of his head with Ruslan and still swinging
        Definition of man you would have to kill to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Depends who you talk to.

But generally yes.

Some people think he's a highly skilled, good counter puncher. Obviously he's neither of those.
          Dan you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on Boxingscene and I think highly of your opinion. How do you rate Bradley's Welterweight resume? Do you consider Tim a top 5 P4P fighter? What do you really think of Bradley's skills? Is Tim slick?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            People thought he was the 3rd best boxer in the world. He was ridiculously overrated by both fans and respected media.

He's still a bit overrated now. You put up a list with of his "wins" - some were very controversial, one an outright robbery and none of his performances have been impressive or dominating to the point where you can say he's one of the best in the world.

Even his last fight, he struggled against Chaves who is bang average.
            You make a great point about how Bradley's never really had an impressive win... he's more known for 1st robbing Manny and then going life and death with Provodnikov(moving up in weight also) than anything. Bradley's accomplishments weren't all that. Even at 140lbs his fight with Alexander was terrible to watch. Why are so many of you guys so impressed with having to slug it out with Provodnikov... that's not something to be proud of. I admire his heart and determination but that's not a skill. If Bradley was such a good boxer he shouldn't have had that type of fight. I don't want to hear weight excuses or that he was doing it for fans because I don't believe in that or Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc... Also I understand that Tim fought Manny but that doesn't exclude the fact that he ducked Amir Khan lol.

Comment

Bradley is not anything special at all, but like i said he is a good solid fighter....Just not elite at all

Comment

Bradley ALWAYS comes into shape, ALWAYS gives it everything he has, against EVERYONE he has ever faced and he has faced the best! He is one hell of a fighter. He has not had a KO since forever, yet he has competed with the best. High marks from me.

Comment

Originally posted by stnuc=sdratcap View Post
                  You make a great point about how Bradley's never really had an impressive win... he's more known for 1st robbing Manny and then going life and death with Provodnikov(moving up in weight also) than anything. Bradley's accomplishments weren't all that. Even at 140lbs his fight with Alexander was terrible to watch. Why are so many of you guys so impressed with having to slug it out with Provodnikov... that's not something to be proud of. I admire his heart and determination but that's not a skill. If Bradley was such a good boxer he shouldn't have had that type of fight. I don't want to hear weight excuses or that he was doing it for fans because I don't believe in that or Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc... Also I understand that Tim fought Manny but that doesn't exclude the fact that he ducked Amir Khan lol.
                  I keep willing him to put on an impressive or dominant performance so I can actually give him praise because people think I hate him

But he keeps failing to do so even against guys like Chaves who he should be completely outclassing if he's such an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by stnuc=sdratcap View Post
                    Is Tim Bradley Overrated? 31(12KO's)-1-1 record. Here's a list of Bradley fights down to the Vasquez fight. Does this resume(only official results posted but feel free to assess each fight how you saw it) look HOF worthy? Does this resume deserve P4P recognition? Discuss Bradley's skills. Dissect Tim Bradley's resume as if he were Mayweather or Pacquiao and you were their detractors. Also who will Bradley fight in the future considering he's with Top Rank?

Diego Chaves Draw
                    Manny Pacquiao Loss
                    Juan Manuel Marquez Win
                    Ruslan Provodnikov Win
                    Manny Pacquiao Win
                    Joel Casamayor Win
                    Devon Alexander Win
                    Luis Carlos Abregu Win
                    Lamont Peterson Win
                    Nate Campbell No Contest
                    Kendall Holt Win
                    Edner Cherry Win
                    Junior Witter Win
                    Miguel Vasquez Win
                    so what, completely irrationally and illogically?
                    In this case, Bradley is a can. He needs to fight someone with a pulse already.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      Bradley is not anything special at all, but like i said he is a good solid fighter....Just not elite at all
                      I beg to differ, i think he is defs more than a good solid fighter, and does crack elite. I usually find your opinions on fighters on point though.

Comment

Working...
                      X