Collapse
No announcement yet.

''Super'' Judah is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Judah. Sometimes he's frustrating to watch, but there is no doubting his skill especially as he puts it on the line against good fighters. Plus he has a very good and deserved win against the new king of 140.

Judah is Judah.

Comment

just to add, Judah did have an explosive 1st against Kostya, but Tszyu had taken his measure by the 2nd. the Sho pundits were in agreement that Kostya was an effective aggressor in that round up until he ended Zab with that big right.

Comment

Judahs still probably the most talented fighter in the division right now. He just never had it mentally. But theres no reason to hate on Judah just because you feel Matthysse got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          well, combinations of styles and attributes dictated that he had to be the aggressor against Judah and Quintana, just as they dictated that he had to be more of a counter-aggressor against Mosley and Margarito.

i'd say Cotto was a prime fighter when he fought Zab. Zab's single-punch speed caught him by surprise as much as anything. understandable, being that Zab anywhere near his prime has the greatest handspeed we've seen of any fighter in a good minute when it comes to single punches.
          not in full disagreement here but going by that reasoning I feel he would've been as agressive against foreman as well, he chose to box him patiently instead

also quintana had a huge win over then highly regarded prospect joel julio and was perceived as a boxer puncher while cotto was moving up from 140 where he struggled against lesser or equally regarded punchers. by speculation at the time cotto could've lost fighting the way he did...that's why I feel cotto was in his prime during the mosley fight when he showed he was a more complete fighter

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            tbh judah had all the potential in the world to be a p4p superstar but he has the bad habit of overrating himself and losing focus

in his prime...
            he boxed circles around tszyu until he got stopped
            he could've easily beaten baldomir if he was on his A game
            he gave a prime mayweather all he could handle for 5 round
            almost stopped a near prime cotto before he got his nuts crackedhad a close fight with clottey which I felt could've gone either way

but the best zab never showed up in those fights...when he returned to 140 he did a poor man's version of whitaker which I felt would never work for him as evidenced by his loss to khan

I would say under different circumstances (different trainer) he could've been slightly better than cotto was perceived in his prime, but the fact is he never amounted to that greatness and is now at 50% of what he used to be
            Not sure if serious or not

Comment

which part? I'm sure his nuts are still functional enough

Comment

'Super' is just a moniker, not something to get uptight about.

Fans use the moniker to signify him bringing his 'A-game' to a fight - which he doesn't always do.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Zab Judah is a myth.
                Pretty sure he's real, to the tune of a 5 time world champ at 2 weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Judahs still probably the most talented fighter in the division right now. He just never had it mentally. But theres no reason to hate on Judah just because you feel Matthysse got robbed.

The most talented based on what? Flashiness?
                  I'm not hating on the guy, hes skilled for sure but like you say he never had it mentally.
                  He is a mental midget that has folded every time he has stepped up.

Comment

5, 6 time world champion. Look who he beat for those titles and how many chances he has had.

I'm sure if many others had the opportunities he has had over the years they'd of achieved just as much.

The guys best legitimate win is Cory Spinks.

His resume is a joke considering.

Comment

He's an explosive, talented and flashy fighter with an exciting style and he's a character. People still want to see him fight and he's build up a strong fan base and that's why he continues to get the opportunities that he does. Every time Judah enters the ring, people wonder "which Zab will show up" and just off that, he has fans believing that he can win under any circumstance. He keeps the fans interested.

I love fighters like Matthysse but to be a star in boxing you have to do more than just handle business in the ring. You have to make people want to pay to see you fight and Judah has done that for over a decade.

People complain about Judah but how many Lucas Matthysse fights have you been too? What are you doing on your end to make sure he gets bigger opportunities? If Richard Schaefer doesn't believe Matthysse can fill stadiums in Brooklyn, he's not going to get opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                      X