Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did filipinos disown brian viloria to claim donaire???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did filipinos disown brian viloria to claim donaire???

An ongoing issue i've had with filipino sports media is that not too long ago brian viloria was the 2nd biggest filipino star next to manny pacquiao.

But ever since viloria's tainted losses against omar nino and donaire's spectacular ko of darchinyan...nonito donaire has become the new media darling and viloria has never regained his celebrity status despite recapturing a world title. I've asked several members of filipino media the reason for this and the most common response was along the lines of donaire embraces his filipino heritage therefore making more compelling storylines while viloria is more american as evidenced by his competing for the u.s. olympic team as opposed to the philippines.

Everytime I heard this I was like wtf??? How is donaire more filipino than viloria? Because he was born there?? Viloria qualified for the u.s. olympic team by beating donaire. Has actually spent more total hours living in the philippines and has had more fights there than donaire.

Way to jump on a bandwagon and simultaneously be willfully ignorant of members of your own community philippines

Because donaire is faster? And showboaty?

Comment

Viloria >> Donaire

war big head

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
        Because donaire is faster? And showboaty?
        If thats what sets him apart then filipinos should hate donaire for not being humble like the great manny pacquiao.

Comment

WTF are you talking about? Filipino fans don't disown Viloria, They held a friggin motorcade for him in Manila for gods sake. The only people who claim he isn't filipino are usually racist black or hispanic supporters who hate anything to do with Pac and can't stand the thought of having 3 filipinos around the top 10 P4P.

Last edited by Wombraider; 11-29-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

He lost.....

Comment

jsut on the internet bro in real life they like them both, but to honest most fillipines are not real boxing fans they will get behind anyone the tv will show them that is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                jsut on the internet bro in real life they like them both, but to honest most fillipines are not real boxing fans they will get behind anyone the tv will show them that is winning.
                Wow, you clearly don't know **** about anything.

Comment

It wasn't that long ago where Donaire's BOXING SKILL caused him to be shunned by the Filipino community...

"He fights too much like Mayweather" is a quote I'll never forget

Hell, I remember when my Uncle (or should I see Tito tee hee ) said that Manny Pacquioa was a sissy becuz he lost to Morales... END THREAD

Comment

arnt both Pinoy?cant you support both?

Comment

Working...
                    X