No announcement yet.

Who would win between Julio Cesar Chavez vs Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about they were all in their peak when Chavez beat them

Randall was 33 but had his 2 biggest wins of his career before and after Chavez beat him

Ramirez was 29 and was coming off his most significant win.

Camacho was undefeated(I though he beat soundly Haugen both times)

As for Leonard he has 4 great wins but after that his resume is extremely thin. And I would say none of Leonards 4 big wins were as dominant as Chavez vs Camacho
    Actually, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Outside of Leonards 4 big wins (Which are huge) you're ignoring top contenders like Andy Price, Pete Ranzany, Randy Shields, and world champion Ayub Kalule at 154 just to name a few. Let's not pretend the big wins over Duran, Heans, Benitez and Hagler were the only 4 good fighters Leonard ever beat. Camacho's resume is nowhere near as impressive as Leonard's and he never beat anybody on the level of those big 4.

Camacho was not in his prime against Chavez either.After the Rosario fight Camacho was never the same fighter. And you comparing Chavez win over Camacho to Leonard's over Hearns, Duran, Benitez, and Hagler is just ridiculous.

Comment

Camach beat Rosario and there were no signs of Camacho slowing down. He had beaten Paz Mancini Baltazar and Haugen 2x IMO at 140. Then Chavez gave his best performance of his career in the signature Puerto Rico vs Mexico match up and shut Camacho out. I believe Chavez was even an underdog in the fight.

No he was not. Mancini was coming off a 4 year lay off. And Mancini still nearly beat Camacho. That's not exactly a signature win for Camacho. Neither was the struggling with a fighter(Haugen) Pernell Whitaker completely shut out 2 years earlier.

Camacho was not the same fighter after the Rosario fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Actually, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Outside of Leonards 4 big wins (Which are huge) you're ignoring top contenders like Andy Price, Pete Ranzany, Randy Shields, and world champion Ayub Kalule at 154 just to name a few. Let's not pretend the big wins over Duran, Heans, Benitez and Hagler were the only 4 good fighters Leonard ever beat. Camacho's resume is nowhere near as impressive as Leonard's and he never beat anybody on the level of those big 4.

Camacho was not in his prime against Chavez either.After the Rosario fight Camacho was never the same fighter. And you comparing Chavez win over Camacho to Leonard's over Hearns, Duran, Benitez, and Hagler is just ridiculous.
        Camacho beat Rosario and had already put together a fine resume at 140 by the time Chavez shut him out. Stop with the excuses Camacho was in his prime and he was shot after that fight.

Chavez big 6 wins are at least equal with Leonards big 4.

You have to be insane to think Leonards 2nd tier of wins are any where near as good as Chavez(Taylor II Cortes Mayweather2x Haugen Duplessis)

Comment

Camacho beat Rosario and had already put together a fine resume at 140 by the time Chavez shut him out. Stop with the excuses Camacho was in his prime and he was shot after that fight.

Chavez big 6 wins are at least equal with Leonards big 4.
          You have to be insane to think Leonards 2nd tier of wins are any where near as good as Chavez(Taylor II Cortes Mayweather2x Haugen Duplessis)

Only in your world. Chavez has never beaten anybody on the level of Duran, Hearns, or Hagler. And that includes prime Meldrick Taylor. I think you are the one who has to be insane by including Tayor-Chavez 2/Duplessis as great wins for Chavez.

Comment

Only in your world. Chavez has never beaten anybody on the level of Duran, Hearns, or Hagler. And that includes prime Meldrick Taylor. I think you are the one who has to be insane by including Tayor-Chavez 2/Duplessis as great wins for Chavez.
            Reasoning with a nuthugger like Trojanman is akin to repeatedly slamming one's head into a wall: Ultimately his fantasy world proves impervious to any objective reasoning.

Poet

Comment

that fight would be EPIIIIIC

one of my top fantasy fights

Comment

DId you even read my post? When did I call Taylor 2, Duplessis etc great wins? I said those were his second tier wins and they are much better then Leonards 2nd tier wins. Chavez 6 great wins Martinez Rosario Randall Martinez Taylor Camacho Ramirez are equally as impressive and Leonards 4. That is why Chavez has the better resume. 1st tier wins are equal and 2nd tier is big edge for Chavez

Comment

DId you even read my post? When did I call Taylor 2, Duplessis etc great wins? I said those were his second tier wins and they are much better then Leonards 2nd tier wins. Chavez 6 great wins Martinez Rosario Randall Martinez Taylor Camacho Ramirez are equally as impressive and Leonards 4. That is why Chavez has the better resume. 1st tier wins are equal and 2nd tier is big edge for Chavez

I did read your post and I find them incredible. Chavez biggest wins don't match up to Leonard's no matter how much you want to fantasize about it. And his "second tier" opponents aren't better either.

"Martinez Rosario Randall Martinez Taylor Camacho Ramirez"
                  None of those fighters are equal to Hagler,Duran, Hearns, Benitez. Period.

Comment

Except for the fact they really aren't.

Comment

the only way you could say that Chavez has a better record than Leonard is if you put more emphasis on quantity over quantity, because Chavez did beat more top competition than Leonard.

however, Leonard's wins are HUGE, even if you dont give him credit for the Hagler one(which I thought he lost). I couldnt put Chavez above Leonard. the Kalule win is very underrated for Leonard as well.

its not even an insult, youd be very hard pressed to find a fighter with as many really good wins as Leonard.

Comment

Working...
                      X