No announcement yet.

Accidental foul point deduction.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental foul point deduction.

We saw DeMarco get a point deducted for an accidental hit using elbow. How fair is this in your eyes?

This type of rule might stop the "clumsy" use of the head by the hopkins's of the world and make for a fairer fight with less cynical behaviour or it may punish someone who's opponent was at fault for an illegal collision (because their opponent is the one who gets cut or injured).

Is it too random? if a fighter isn't judged to have done something intentionally why should they be punished?

all I can say is: Timmeh's career is in trouble

Comment

Its old rule that should be looked into.

It should be at the discretion of the ref.

Comment

I thought it was a foul call. It was obvious that he threw a punch and the elbow was part of the circumstance. Its possible this may have took some of the air out of DeMarco's sails early.

Comment

Bump, anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

accidents shouldn't be penalized. Unless it's repeated over and over.

intentional fouls should be penalized.

simple.

Comment

I think its a stupid rule. In theory, I guess its supposed to be an equalizer?

I also think it's unfair that you get up to 5 minutes to recover from a low blow, yet when you get a nasty gash from an accidental blow, they just have the doctor look at it and throw you right back in action. I think they should give the corner a few minutes to work on the cut.

Comment

Working...
              X