Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldn't say so. he has had one of the best gyms in boxing for several years.

some of his guys are easy to hit / one dimensional, but they're fighting top guys, and you expect people to compete with them because of that.

mikey garcia is a total beast. that kid is an extremely well schooled boxer.

Comment

i dont think hes that good of a trainer. he doesnt care about his fighters

Comment

Originally posted by prolific View Post
        Gracias not overrated. If rios came in there like he has in the past it would have been hatton all over again. I think he saved rios and told him only to throw after getting him close. It would have been ugly for rios any other way.
        What's wrong with Rios getting Hattonized, wouldn't that just be an orgasum for him.

Comment

look at gradovich. his opponents suck, but he has almost no talent. he's got a couple defenses of a world title.

Comment

He's done well considering the level of talent his fighters have. Guys like rios and maidana arent exactly talented super stars but hes still gotten them some big wins and to a high level.

Comment

I think so. All of his top fighters have had weight problems in last few years. Even his brother couldn't even make one defense of his title. I mean, what a joke. It makes me think there's not that much discipline in that gym. I know a lot of it has to do with self discipline, but it seems like their always joking around and more friends than anything. Garcia had a bunch of fighters that were big for their weight and just used their physical advantages to win fights. Rios was a beast at 135, now not so much. Donaire was a beast at 115 and 118, but now not so much. Mikey still looks good at 130, but i doubt he has much success beyond that.
              Look at Nacho, he seems kind of like a ******* to his fighters. He's there to train them not be there friends. I think part of Nacho's grouchiness is that he's a old man, but most of it is because he's a serious man and its a serious business. He's not going to waste his time with guys that are lazy like Chavez Jr and Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                I think so. All of his top fighters have had weight problems in last few years. Even his brother couldn't even make one defense of his title. I mean, what a joke. It makes me think there's not that much discipline in that gym. I know a lot of it has to do with self discipline, but it seems like their always joking around and more friends than anything. Garcia had a bunch of fighters that were big for their weight and just used their physical advantages to win fights. Rios was a beast at 135, now not so much. Donaire was a beast at 115 and 118, but now not so much. Mikey still looks good at 130, but i doubt he has much success beyond that.
                Look at Nacho, he seems kind of like a ******* to his fighters. He's there to train them not be there friends. I think part of Nacho's grouchiness is that he's a old man, but most of it is because he's a serious man and its a serious business. He's not going to waste his time with guys that are lazy like Chavez Jr and Rios.
                Great point. His fighters generally have size advantage.

Mickey also is trained by his dad.

Danny Garcia and his dad train Mikey before Robert came into play.

Comment

Working...
                X