No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasily Lomachenko Ready For The Pro Ranks in The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vasily Lomachenko Ready For The Pro Ranks in The Fall

Two-time Olympic champion Vasily Lomachenko, 25-years-old, says he is ready to enter the pro ranks. The talented fighter won gold as a featherweight at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and repeated his success at the 2012 London games at lightweight. Lonachenko signed up with the AIBA's pro league, AIBA Pro Boxing (APB), which is set to launch this coming fall.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good news for pro boxing, he comes with a big rep.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I honestly think if Verdejo didn't run into this guy, he would have probably won gold. I was curious to know what the hell happened to him til I seen he was competing in a semi pro boxing league. I think that type of deal is kinda cool. Having like a pro boxing team. My Guys vs your guys.

Comment

Any idea that weight he'll be fighting at?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Lomachenko signed up with the AIBA's pro league, AIBA Pro Boxing (APB), which is set to launch this coming fall.
          Where did you take that information ?
          Because if thats true, he won't be coming to America

Comment

get him in america and sign him to a top promotor.

if not, get him with a top euro promotor. none of this aiba crap.

Comment

Nothing to get excited about. He will basically be doing exactly what he's doing now but his wins will count as pro wins instead of amateur wins

It's bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Nothing to get excited about. He will basically be doing exactly what he's doing now but his wins will count as pro wins instead of amateur wins

It's bull****

is he remaining eligible for rio?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  is he remaining eligible for rio?
                  Yes.........

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    This kid is good, I seen a couple of his fights in the amateurs..In this case is good news for the aiba pro league, but he won't be fighting the regular pro's(that are signed by promotion company's like "Golden Boy" or Top Rank" ect) cause this pro league is separate from regular pro boxing as We know it..& these "aiba pro league" fighters could go back & represent their country's as amateurs.I was checking out this aiba pro league & how they plan to run it & it doesn't sound bad at all, if regular professional boxing would be runned this way it would be so much better, cause there would be less politics.. For example; since there's ONLY 1 world champion per category(how it should be) they would be forced to defend against the top guys & not like some in the regular pros that go around & avoid the top fighters because of promoting politics or because the guy is ranked at a different organism ect.... That's why Scum Bag Sulaiman(president of the WBC)& some of the other organisms are totally against this league & are bad mouthing & slamming against it..
                    Last edited by Tomasio; 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X