Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got the better resumé Broner or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner has the better resume so far and more upside to him imo.

Comment

There's some insanely ignorant comments on here.

Baldomir, Mosley, Cintron, Gomez, Lopez, M. Hatton....none of those were legit fights when Canelo fought them.

And to even compare Canelo fighting an old future HOF in Mosley to Floyd fighting some fighters who were older than him is just ignorant. Floyd fought Oscar, Gatti, Mosley, and Cotto when they were all still good fights to have, and still legit fights.

And than to say Cintron, Gomez, Baldomir, and Mosley = DeMarco and Ponce....no way no how. None of those fights for Canelo were legit fights at the time.

S**t is outrageous.

Comment

Broner has clearly fought better opposition but he needs to go to 140 and stop playing around with Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Out of all those fighters you named for Canelo, only one was in the Top 10.

What makes beating that version of Cintron better than Broner beating Litzau? For example.

And you surely aren't even going to pretend that Baldomir and Gomez are the same version's of the one's who fought Mayweather and Cotto.
          You obviously didn't catch the sarcasm. Baldomir n Gomez will always be crap on their resume and the same for Canelo. Cintron at one point WAS the #1 guy at the weight. Two fights or so later n Canelo shouldn't get credit? Not saying major credit but some at least from me. He also didn't just lose to anyone. Molina isn't a bad fighter.

Comment

Discrediting the Ponce De Leon fight which I have as a gift decision, Broner has two quality wins compared to Canelo's zero. Broner beat Jason Litzau who beat Celestino Caballero, and whooped Antonio DeMarco who beat Jorge Linares. Canelo has only fought guys jumping up in weight and who are way way way over the hill. Not a single win over a credible 154 pounder yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              There's some insanely ignorant comments on here.

Baldomir, Mosley, Cintron, Gomez, Lopez, M. Hatton....none of those were legit fights when Canelo fought them.

And to even compare Canelo fighting an old future HOF in Mosley to Floyd fighting some fighters who were older than him is just ignorant. Floyd fought Oscar, Gatti, Mosley, and Cotto when they were all still good fights to have, and still legit fights.

And than to say Cintron, Gomez, Baldomir, and Mosley = DeMarco and Ponce....no way no how. None of those fights for Canelo were legit fights at the time.

S**t is outrageous.

lol @ Gatti being a legit fight for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                lol @ Gatti being a legit fight for Floyd.
                Gatti was the #1 fighter there, aside from ring champ Tszyu who was fighting Hatton.......

That was far far far far and away more legit than Kermit Cintron after losing to Molina, Mosley after not winning for over 3 years, Lopez who's a 140-147 fighter, Matthew Hatton, and Alfonso Gomez.......

Jesus christ....props for fighting Trout Canelo, but he should have stepped up a long time ago. Canelo doesn't have one fight against anyone who was seen as a good fighter going in. His best win is Rhodes, which compares to someone like Eloy Perez or Gavin Rees for Broner. Yeah they were Top 10, but how good were they really???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Gatti was the #1 fighter there, aside from ring champ Tszyu who was fighting Hatton.......

That was far far far far and away more legit than Kermit Cintron after losing to Molina, Mosley after not winning for over 3 years, Lopez who's a 140-147 fighter, Matthew Hatton, and Alfonso Gomez.......

Jesus christ....props for fighting Trout Canelo, but he should have stepped up a long time ago. Canelo doesn't have one fight against anyone who was seen as a good fighter going in. His best win is Rhodes, which compares to someone like Eloy Perez or Gavin Rees for Broner. Yeah they were Top 10, but how good were they really???
                  I'm not even gonna go any further with the Floyd/Gatti thing cause people like you will start screaming racism.
                  Same with a over a year inactive Mosley for Mayweather.

You guys think I'm making Canelo have some DLH resume. His resume ain't all that, I know that. The same however applies to Broner. Which you guys are making it seem like it don't stink considering its ****.

Comment

I'm not even gonna go any further with the Floyd/Gatti thing cause people like you will start screaming racism.

You guys think I'm making Canelo have some DLH resume. His resume ain't all that, I know that. The same however applies to Broner. Which you guys are making it seem like it don't stink considering its ****.
                    Broner's isn't all that either, but he has fought legit fighters before and won. Canelo has his chance against Trout, though he had many many many chances in 2011-2012 to fight legit fights and didn't. That's all.

I don't say Racism unless it is just that....racism. And it goes both ways, racists come in all colors. Don't know why you even brought that up.

I said Floyd fought fighters who were a little older like Gatti, Oscar, Mosley, and Cotto.....when they were legit fights and highly ranked fighters.

Mosley was coming off stopping Margarito, and was considered the man when Floyd fought him. Do we need to bump the threads with comments like this

"Floyd needs to fight Mosley or retire"
                    "Floyd will duck Mosley, Shane had him s**tting his pants when he came into the ring last night"
                    "Floyd needs to fight Mosley or get colon cancer and die"
                    "Floyd better fight Mosley, the best fight there right now"

Seriously....

Comment

To be fair, I really haven't seen anyone "praise" Broner's resume. Cause lets be honest, it really isn't good, however it is better than canelo's. Both flat out stink, canelo's is just worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X