No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Toney-Bobby Gunn For 4/7, Toney Back To Heavy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Toney-Bobby Gunn For 4/7, Toney Back To Heavy

Former IBA Cruiserweight Champion Bobby “The Celtic Warrior” Gunn will be fighting current IBA World Heavyweight Champion James “Lights Out” Toney April 7 in a 12-round fight at the Landers Center in Southaven, MS.

[Click Here To Read More]

This will be the first time that a great fighter will fight beyond his best days.

And the first time one has managed his money poorly.

makes me sick

Comment

Toney VS Arelloa

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        This will be the first time that a great fighter will fight beyond his best days.

And the first time one has managed his money poorly.

makes me sick
        Here ya go

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Former IBA Cruiserweight Champion Bobby “The Celtic Warrior” Gunn will be fighting current IBA World Heavyweight Champion James “Lights Out” Toney April 7 in a 12-round fight at the Landers Center in Southaven, MS.

Huh. Bareknuckle boxing is in the middle of a resurgence. I wish someone told me earlier. Would the staff at BoxingScene please do follow-up reports on this?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

I must admit, I am a James Toney fan, even now.

I keep hoping against hope that he would get in serious fighting shape, show everyone he's still among the best, and then go on to beat the Klitschkos. I know. What can I do, I'm pathetic this way.

Didn't he claim that he hurt his foot early in the Lebedev fight? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and not think about what must've been a difficult weight cut, and his age, that led to the subpar performance.

Anyway, he's back in the heavyweight class, so I guess I'll never know.

I'm sure many of us will miss him when he finally retires. I wish he has an apprentice/disciple to pass on all his skills....

Comment

He's fighting a bum who hasn't fought in 3 years and had only a handful of fight 10 rounds or more with only 1 notable opponent whom he lost to. Nothing to get excited about...especially after his last sorrowful attempt at the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by liuj88 View Post
                I must admit, I am a James Toney fan, even now.

I keep hoping against hope that he would get in serious fighting shape, show everyone he's still among the best, and then go on to beat the Klitschkos. I know. What can I do, I'm pathetic this way.

Didn't he claim that he hurt his foot early in the Lebedev fight? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and not think about what must've been a difficult weight cut, and his age, that led to the subpar performance.

Anyway, he's back in the heavyweight class, so I guess I'll never know.

I'm sure many of us will miss him when he finally retires. I wish he has an apprentice/disciple to pass on all his skills....
                think it was his knee,regardless he toney is really let me down this past few years i agree he just cant seem to train properly and eat right

Comment

Originally posted by keelaybrown View Post
                  think it was his knee,regardless he toney is really let me down this past few years i agree he just cant seem to train properly and eat right
                  Yes, it's very, very sad. He's an adult, and can and will do whatever he pleases, but I can't help but wonder where he'd be right now if he just trained better.

I was very happily surprised to find out his weight for his fight with Lebedev, but, well, we all know what happened....

Comment

@ least the Pillsbury Dough Boy os back @ his wt/Heavy...Toney is a joke & disgrace to this sport the past 5 years...

Comment

Working...
                    X