Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Dominated That Fight and I think Improved As A Boxer In The Process

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

considering molina did literally nothing else besides score the knockdowns(2 wobbles, still gave matthysse the first), pretty dominant i supposse

Comment

I am not sure if he improved mid fight, but I think he definitely showed some serious heart. It is often the case that when a puncher faces a bigger puncher than himself(and one that can take a punch as well), he usually caves, and starts fighting in a way that is not his own, consequently getting knocked out. Matthysse never relented, regardless of how unfazed Molina looked when hit by his best punches, and how he was able to retaliate and hurt him badly at will. He kept fighting the only way he knows how, anything less than that and he would have gotten laid out.That speaks volumes of his character.

Comment

also matthysse became seriously slick by around the 6th, moxing forward, no guard just head movement and shoulder rolls, beast sht

like you said ts, looked like something "clicked"

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          it was molinas counters & the way he was playing the distance on lucas early on that rattled him (not just his power) overall lucas struggled with a D class molina before the stoppage. i mean he had to work extra hard for the win (to say that lucas dominated is just being blind)
          no, matthysse pretty much dominated Molina, the 60% of his power shots landing, and 48% of his total shots landing pretty much prove this

he was dropped early in the fight, Molina has power + 7 months out of the ring, I said this 3 months ago (check my post history) that Lucas could definitely get dropped in this fight

Getting dropped doesn't mean **** if you dominate your opponent, which he did

Comment

Good fight from Matthysse he looked sloppy early on which could be a result of the long layoff. He picked it up as the fight went on and showed good boxing skills. As a result of all the hype he received earlier most idiots will
            quickly call him a bum but the machine is back.

Comment

Lucas really did beat the **** out of him. Other than the KD rounds, there's maybe one round Molina won. Matthysse mostly looked sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                it was molina's power what kept the fight close, dude can punch. in the second half matthysse came strong and landed at will.
                Lucas beat in Molina (height 5' 10½"/179cm; reach 72"/183cm) a guy who is of Golovkin's size...

Molina is the same size with GGG and... Adonis...

Comment

Molina's power kept him in the fight he can punch but I think Matthysse has pretty damn amazing recovery ability and not to mention stays composed and focused.

Great fight, props to Molina for bringing it looking forward to seeing both guys again, I hope Matthysse gets a Garcia rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                    Molina's power kept him in the fight he can punch but I think Matthysse has pretty damn amazing recovery ability and not to mention stays composed and focused.

Great fight, props to Molina for bringing it looking forward to seeing both guys again, I hope Matthysse gets a Garcia rematch.
                    Danny is happy with that first fight -- he will give Lucas the rematch after Lucas retires.

Comment

props to Lucas...I been told the "Machinettes" they got a barklesss pitbull with a helluva bite....he sucked it up and chopped Molina down....he was the better BOXER in the ring and that enabled him to set his shots up and keep Molina trying to land something on the back end.....Lucas ADJUSTED and turned it up...took it to a level that a gamed Molina was unfamiliar with!!

spot on TS....Lucas looked like a BOXER/PUNCHER instead of the brawler he usually looks like....he showed glimpses of it in pre Swift fights but last night in it was on full display....dude might've got wobbled and hit the deck a couple of times but he bounced back like a elite level fighter is supposed to....keep saying it....there's levels to this game, that just don't pertain to Mayweather, Rigo and certain skilled fighters...nah, dudes like Lucas and Swift be on that level that don't fold easily and that's why I feel like adversity won't faze them.....they'll always match up GREAT together imo.....#rematch?

Lucas is very hittable.......there's a very good chance he can be KO'd at WW....by Thurman or Porter imo....need to tighten up the locks on the doors and he'll be alright....****, I like Lucas unless he's fighting my boy....it is what it is!!

Comment

Working...
                      X