Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, lets go Ranger fans or any baseball fan!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to the Tigers, but my franchise is ruined for years to come and likely relocating, so idgaf

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Congrats to the Tigers, but my franchise is ruined for years to come and likely relocating, so idgaf
      I get to see the A's against Seattle in early April. My bud is dragging me out to Safeco. Got some major junk to talk to him(big M's fan).

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        I get to see the A's against Seattle in early April. My bud is dragging me out to Safeco. Got some major junk to talk to him(big M's fan).
        A's are going to lose a hundred games this season, they're trying to replicate the plot to the movie Major League.

Comment

Dude said Martinez isn't even a top 30 hitter. Number 3 in OPS. That's what I get for trying to talk to a 20 year old. Kid probably follows the Yanks and only knows the "stars" like Alex Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            A's are going to lose a hundred games this season, they're trying to replicate the plot to the movie Major League.
            Seattle isn't very good and the Angels like the Yanks and Boston have a pretty rough starting 5. They might not reach the 100 mark.

Comment

Dude said Martinez isn't even a top 30 hitter. Number 3 in OPS. That's what I get for trying to talk to a 20 year old. Kid probably follows the Yanks and only knows the "stars" like Alex Rodriguez
              Uh...Martinez was number 33 in OPS last year...

I was literally born watching baseball. Literally. I had season tickets to the Giants from the time I was born till I was 11, I've been to more live baseball games than you've watched on tv. Top 30's exaggerating, but I can definitely give you 20 position players I'd rather have on my team.

Albert Pujols
              Curtis Granderson
              Robinson Cano
              Josh Hamilton
              Jose Bautista
              Adrian Gonzalez
              Mark Teixeira (Martinez's bat is a little stronger but Dat Glove)
              Miguel Cabrera
              Ryan Braun (I don't give a shit about PEDs, you can exclude him if you want)
              Tulo
              Matt Kemp
              Prince
              Jacoby Ellsbury
              Joey Votto
              Paul Konerko
              Adrian Beltre
              Nelson Cruz
              Ian Kinsler
              Jose Reyes
              Evan Longoria

All of those guys are better hitters than Martinez and most of them play better defense. Martinez is clutch, but his power isn't A-level and he doesn't draw enough walks. He doesn't strike out though. That's worth something.

The FACT is that you're an ignorant homer and I've forgotten more about this sport than you can ever dream of knowing.
              Last edited by BigStereotype; 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

I was literally born watching baseball. Literally. I had season tickets to the Giants from the time I was born till I was 11, I've been to more live baseball games than you've watched on tv. Top 30's exaggerating, but I can definitely give you 20 position players I'd rather have on my team.

Albert Pujols
                Curtis Granderson
                Robinson Cano
                Josh Hamilton
                Jose Bautista
                Adrian Gonzalez
                Miguel Cabrera
                Tulo
                Matt Kemp
                Prince
                Jacoby Ellsbury
                Joey Votto
                Paul Konerko
                Adrian Beltre
                Nelson Cruz
                Ian Kinsler
                Jose Reyes
                Evan Longoria

All of those guys are better hitters than Martinez and most of them play better defense.
                Martinez is a DH dude, he isn't here for his glove. Who are you to make assumptions about how many games I've watch. I watch pretty much every game since I was born and seeing that I'm 6 years older than you I guess you haven't gone to more game or even seen more than games than I have. Anyways, thats petty ****.

at half your list. Mark Texeria! Did he even clip the mendoza line? Of those guys you listed the only ones that hit better is Pujols, Cano, Hamilton, Gonzalez, Cabby, and maybe Reyes. Hitting home runs doesn't make you a better hitter. No one in the world would agree that Prince Fielder is a better hitter than Victor Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

Albert Pujols
                  Curtis Granderson
                  Robinson Cano
                  Josh Hamilton
                  Jose Bautista
                  Adrian Gonzalez
                  Miguel Cabrera
                  Tulo
                  Matt Kemp
                  Prince
                  Jacoby Ellsbury
                  Joey Votto
                  Paul Konerko
                  Adrian Beltre
                  Nelson Cruz
                  Ian Kinsler
                  Jose Reyes
                  Evan Longoria

All of those guys are better hitters than Martinez and most of them play better defense. Martinez is clutch, but his power isn't A-level and he doesn't draw enough walks. He doesn't strike out though. That's worth something.

The FACT is that you're an ignorant homer and I've forgotten more about this sport than you can ever dream of knowing.
                  Wait, you just called me a homer and then said Texeria is a better hitter than Martinez. Martinez hit nearly 100 points higher than him! Wow, that's rich!

Comment

Martinez is a DH dude, he isn't here for his glove. Who are you to make assumptions about how many games I've watch. I watch pretty much every game since I was born and seeing that I'm 6 years older than you I guess you haven't gone to more game or even seen more than games than I have. Anyways, thats petty ****.

at half your list. Mark Texeria! Did he even clip the mendoza line? Of those guys you listed the only ones that hit better is Pujols, Cano, Hamilton, Gonzalez, Cabby, and maybe Reyes. Hitting home runs doesn't make you a better hitter. No one in the world would agree that Prince Fielder is a better hitter than Victor Martinez.
                    I just said 20 position players I would take over him. As far as pure hitters, you're right. I undersold him initially. But as far as guys I would rather have on my team, I'll stick with my list.

Comment

Nelson Cruz looked great in that "potent" Rangers offense yet hit 70 points behind Victor and put up far less rbis. Kinsler and his 250 avg. Yeah, just because you hit in a bandbox doesn't make you a good hitter. Martinez would be the second best hitter on the Rangers, absolutely no debate about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X