Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for August 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Barker because when he got dropped from that body shot I would have bet a lot of money that Geale would have won but Barker fought back like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
      You do realize Mares was in his backyard with a rowdy crowd cheering for him too right?
      Yes. I don't think that crowd was anywhere near as rowdy or hostile as the local crowd in Wales. It felt like an atmosphere similar to Murray-Martinez in Argentina.

I'm sure there was quite a few Gonzalez fans in the arena saturday night IMO.

Comment

10/1 dog knocking out a undefeated P4P ranked fighter in 1 round?

Gotta go with Jhonny

Comment

Darren Barker
          Sergey Kovalev

were a tie for me. Im more towards Barker. he went 12 rounds, got up from a liver shot and fought harder.

i dont see KOing a guy in the first round with a good shot nothing to woooo over. It happens in this sport. 3 min after the first 1:30 was a feel out and the next half of the round was a punch drunk survival rest of round.
          Impressive yes, but great...No. Nothing special about a TKO in round 1

loved seeing the under dog win though. And i picked it to happen. But i prefer a knock down drag out fight until the end....or at least a little past round 1, for me!

Comment

Working...
          X