Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you agree that nirvana was the last great/critical acclaimed american band?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I know I might get crap for this, but I use to love Korn. They've only really had good album since Head left the group, Remember Who You Are, and their last album was terrible. But in their days, the Mid 90's-Early 00's, they were the s**t to me.
    You'll probably get shit for it.

I still bump Korn.

Comment

I like Nirvana.

Music is personal. Who cares what the critics think if you like it, you like it.

Comment

pearl jam is better

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          they're quite overrated specially nowadays...

the pixies IMHO are better...
          I never understand the 'overrated' label on these boards.
          The Pixies were so different. With Nirvana you had real heaviness and aggression that i personally loved.
          Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Seriously. Cobain and Nirvana, and the entire "grunge movement", are eminently forgettable musically.

Poet[/COLOR]
          I still listen to much of that music to this day.

I havent seen anyone list other bands that had the impact Nirvana had. It seemed when teen spirit broke for many people it was a new sound, far heavier than anything else played on mainstream radio stations. Im not saying they were original, but no band as loud and noisey had that level of success imo.
          And the main thing that i remember is how people who never liked rock became huge nirvana fans.
          Everyone knew who Nirvana was. It was the closest thing to Beatle-mania.

I dont think thats true of another band since.

Comment

Never understood why people slag off Metallica post Black album. Load was average but certainly not a bad album, Reload was decent with Fuel and Devils Dance, disliking St. Anger because the 'drumz sownd funne' isn't a proper reason, Garage Inc was brilliant covers or not, S & M was different but worked really well and Death Magnetic was full of wall-to-wall bangers. You can't expect a band such as Metallica to continue making truly angry and angsty records like the first 4 when they are world famous millionaires.

Comment

Overrated, underrated, critically acclaimed etc......, i don't really care for all that bollocks.

I listen to whatever i listen to because i like it. I don't care if he or she disagree's/agree's with me.

I try not to knock other people's taste in music, because they like what they like, and i personally think i'm into a wide-variety of music genre's.

As for the subject of Nirvana, i like their music and Unplugged for me is a personal favourite. I don't like everything they put out mind.

Comment

Of course not. I mean, you have Justin Bieber band and Hannah Montanah band.

Comment

No fans of The Strokes or White Stripes ?, not exactly at the same level of Nirvana popularity wise but still great bands worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    I'm not from Washington, I'm from Virginia. I've only lived in Washington for the past three years. As far as I'm concerned the "Seattle" music scene begins and ends with Queensryche and Heart :cool9:

Poet
                    a lot of people only know the later glammed up version of Heart from the 80's. They were of course actually a 70's band.

Last edited by res; 05-18-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Necrophobic View Post
                      Never understood why people slag off Metallica post Black album. Load was average but certainly not a bad album, Reload was decent with Fuel and Devils Dance, disliking St. Anger because the 'drumz sownd funne' isn't a proper reason, Garage Inc was brilliant covers or not, S & M was different but worked really well and Death Magnetic was full of wall-to-wall bangers. You can't expect a band such as Metallica to continue making truly angry and angsty records like the first 4 when they are world famous millionaires.
                      St. Anger sucked. Metallica's my all-time favorite, but it's the truth.

Death Magnetic was cool, but they still threw in those 2 or 3 slower songs that were out of place. Just keep going fast, rock that ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X